Help What Bike to buy... 2020 Stunner X Mid-Drive or Stunner LT ...

NurseLinda

Hi Folks, after much research, I am down to three possibilities. Before I bite the bullet, I would love your input on which bike to purchase! I am leaning towards Biktrix, verses RadPower Bikes, this is due to their torque censored, hydraulic brakes, with a mid-drive option if needed. I live in a mountain community with steep hills, I'm looking for an all-terrain e-bike. My first choice was the Mid Drive Stunner X, the customer service at Biktrix is amazing! Real, the knowledgeable gal working for them told me the Stunner LT was another good option I should also consider. In her opinion, (an owner of LT herself), she feels the LT verses the Mid-Drive ( Stunner X), may offer me less maintenance and wore worry free. I was amaze she just did not direct me to the higher price Stunner X! Real, stated I would have to be cognizant of which gear I'm in when I come to a stop, and the powerful torque? However she said you will have no issues traveling up steep hills with the Stunner X. The Stunner LT is nicely equipped with hydraulic brakes 180 , a 750 hub motor- does anyone know who makes their hub motor? Front suspension, a half decent bike seat, ALUMINUM FENDERS, COLOR MATCHED RACK, ADJUSTABLE KICKSTAND here are the specs; https://www.biktrix.com/pages/stunner-lt-details,
My Bikes of choice are:
1. The Stunner X MidDrive with 24 x 3" MTN tires.
2. The Stunner LT with 24 x 4" tires
3. The RadRover Step-Thru, no hydraulic brakes, cadence sensor, and an uncomfortable seat from what I've been reading.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Mountain community, Steep hills? Stunner X hands down. I'm a big fan of the Stunner LT and have two of them, but my gut feeling tells me that the motor longevity may be reduced in mountain climbing... I ride mine in the prairies where there are no mountains. The Stunner X has all the advantages for climbing since it can take advantage of full gear range.

Basically, if you're doing a lot of long climbs, I think the Stunner X is going to be the most reliable. the LT is excellent for more casual riding.

@NurseLinda If you can fit on the Biktrix Stunner X it's definitely the better option of the two. You cannot go wrong with this bike, loads of power, and super easy to ride and maintain.
As for your question for the Stunner LT motor, it is being manufactured by the BAFANG OEM and this bike is a super fun ride you cannot miss to love. However, hub drives are known to struggle on steep inclines and therefore if your ride involves a bit of hill, go for the Stunner X with your eyes closed. Super refined Bafang BBS02 coupled with an excellent Shimano Transmission system and a great center of gravity for your balance is a bike that will make you smile from ear-to-ear.

@NurseLinda If you can fit on the Biktrix Stunner X it's definitely the better option of the two. You cannot go wrong with this bike, loads of power, and super easy to ride and maintain.
As for your question for the Stunner LT motor, it is being manufactured by the BAFANG OEM and this bike is a super fun ride you cannot miss to love. However, hub drives are known to struggle on steep inclines and therefore if your ride involves a bit of hill, go for the Stunner X with your eyes closed. Super refined Bafang BBS02 coupled with an excellent Shimano Transmission system and a great center of gravity for your balance is a bike that will make you smile from ear-to-ear.
THANK YOU Eddy for your input!

My wife has the Stunner LT, small 20x4 version. It handles hills without issue. We started ebikes after renting the small 20x4 folding Rad Mini bikes on Catalina Island (quite hilly around town), and she blasted up those inclines without issue. Her Stunner is even better, and has the torque sensor.

However the Stunner X is a better option for your "mountain community" than the Stunner LT because of the drive system and the way the gearing works with the mid-drive motor. We have rolling hills not mountains, plus my wife at a hair over 5' only just fits the Stunner LT small (seat at the lowest position), she wasn't confident or comfortable on anything bigger. If you fit on the X then it's the better option, but the LT is still a great bike otherwise!!

My wife has the Stunner LT, small 20x4 version. It handles hills without issue. We started ebikes after renting the small 20x4 folding Rad Mini bikes on Catalina Island (quite hilly around town), and she blasted up those inclines without issue. Her Stunner is even better, and has the torque sensor.

However the Stunner X is a better option for your "mountain community" than the Stunner LT because of the drive system and the way the gearing works with the mid-drive motor. We have rolling hills not mountains, plus my wife at a hair over 5' only just fits the Stunner LT small (seat at the lowest position), she wasn't confident or comfortable on anything bigger. If you fit on the X then it's the better option, but the LT is still a great bike otherwise!!
Thanks for your input I'm 5'9" but looking at the 24" tires for the lower approach due to a bum knee. Tech from Biktrix e mailed me back stating the Stunner X and gave me a list of reasons,they have amazing customer service!

Thanks for your input I'm 5'9" but looking at the 24" tires for the lower approach due to a bum knee. Tech from Biktrix e mailed me back stating the Stunner X and gave me a list of reasons,they have amazing customer service!

Glad that my team is taking care of you. I think you'll be very happy with the Stunner X 24. Feel free to join our owners group on Facebook - lots of people there just like you that own a Stunner X and have a bummed knee. They love it!

Glad that my team is taking care of you. I think you'll be very happy with the Stunner X 24. Feel free to join our owners group on Facebook - lots of people there just like you that own a Stunner X and have a bummed knee. They love it!
Hi Roshan, Thanks for reaching out ! I sent you an e-mail yesterday, I'm the CEO of Angels In Waiting a non-profit (501c3) charity of nurses who fosters medically fragile foster care infants, children, & youths. We are looking at creating a "Community Wellness Bike Riding Campaign" in our Southern California mountains to get folks on your e-bikes, out in nature, and exercising during our Covid Season. " Biktrix-Angels" Please check out my E-mail : )

HI Eddy23, Thank you, your input help me purchase my white 2020 Stunner X with 24 X 4 inch tires. Do you work for Biktrix? If you do, I think you adjusted my c695 PAS and the throttle for more of a linear performance. I love Biktrix customer service and the ability to build my Stunner X to fit my needs. Thank you Eddy! ; )

Hello @NurseLinda, Yes, I do work at Biktrix. I can see that there was a note on your order for the shop floor to put the display and program the motor for smooth PAS. SO I believe it is in order. Your bike was shipped and is on it's way to you. Hope to see you all smiles on our bike soon. Cheers!

Is this correct information on Biktrix website. The Biktrix Stunner X mid-drive bike has a cadence sensor, while the Biktrix Stunner LT rear-hub bike has a torque sensor(that's what listed at Biktrix site)? I thought it would be the other way around. That confused me. When watching a person in a video riding a Biktrix Stunner X mid-drive bike, with the way he was riding it looked like he was riding a bike with a torque sensor(not cadence sensor).

When we purchased the Stunner LT 20" Step-Thru a couple of months ago, I was looking at it online using my mobile. It said cadence. When the bike showed up it was torque. Went online using my computer and it said torque, checked again on my mobile and it still said cadence. Called customer service because my wife wanted cadence as that was what she had experienced before and liked. They apologised and said that the bike specs had recently been 'upgraded' to torque and that their website needed updating. So the Stunner rear-hub is torque for sure. Can't speak to the mid-drive as we don't have one of those.

My wife is slowly getting used to torque, but it requires more effort on her part. As she hasn't ridden in 20 years until this summer when we rented Rad's, she really like the cadence option which required less effort to go uphill etc. She's not in this for fitness, just to get outside and doing something together that we can enjoy. The rtn option was too expensive and she liked everything else about the bike. There was other issues and they took care of it and us properly, so their CS is highly recommended. If you need a definitive answer on something, call them.

@Quick514Biker The Stunner X Mid Drive uses the standard Bafang BBS02 Motor that has a cadence sensor. However, the Stunner LTs Hub drives have been recently upgraded to the Torque-sensing system. Please feel free to email at [email protected] if you need a callback or need clarification.

Just be sure to test out ANY fat-tire bike to make sure it clicks with you before you buy one.
To be fair, that could be said for anything significantly different than what you're accustomed to riding or have experience with. If you've never been on an e-bike, try one first. If you have only ever ridden a road bike and are thinking about an electric cruiser or mountain bike (or vice versa), try one first. Skinny tyres to mtn tyres to fat tyres, try one first. Ideally, try the very bike you're thinking of purchasing first, or if not able, one that's as close as possible in geometry and weight etc.

To be fair, that could be said for anything significantly different than what you're accustomed to riding or have experience with. If you've never been on an e-bike, try one first. If you have only ever ridden a road bike and are thinking about an electric cruiser or mountain bike (or vice versa), try one first. Skinny tyres to mtn tyres to fat tyres, try one first. Ideally, try the very bike you're thinking of purchasing first, or if not able, one that's as close as possible in geometry and weight etc.
Yes, absolutely.
The fat-tire bikes look all cool and such, and attract riders and buyers, but not everyone thinks they ride or handle so great, so it's important to make that determination for yourself. I tried several, did not like any of them. AT ALL. They made me feel like I was riding some kind of tractor or something.

I have a new stunner X with 35 miles on it with the 24 X 3 tires I would sell for $1985. in white if anyone is interested?

Back