Help selecting comfort handlebars for eMTB - BH Rebel Lynx PWX

No need to plot all the stem geometries for comparison... here is a handy website for that....

Thanks - but I notice that tool measures off the base of the clamp section, when as I described above, you need to measure from the top of the clamp section, since that's the fixed point determined by the top of steerer tube. So, close, but no cigar. [Edit: Actually, one could just put in the same clamp height number for both stems to get the relative difference. In that case, it IS useful, and that it takes the steerer tube angle into account is great.]

Besides, doing the actual plotting physically was what proved to me that the Wake 90mm stem was not 90mm!

Well I went for the full upright seating position -

stem riser 2.5"
riser handlebars - additional 2.5"
super short stem 35mm
i move the saddle all the way forward

My area of experties is office ergonomics but the general rules hold true across the board. You want to keep your body in a neutral position when ever possible. Neutral just means that you don't want any thing to be too far out of what is considered a "normal range of motion". One of the problems I come across a lot with smaller women is that the keyboard is too wide. You wouldn't think it would matter much but spend four to eight hours with your arms spread out too wide and it takes it toll. The same applys to handlebars. If your hands are way out on the ends of a set of wide handlebars, it's going to cause issues eventually. I like the feeling a wide set of cruiser handlebars gives you but I have had to cut mine down to bring my hands back into a more normal range. It doesn't look as cool but is much more comfortable on long rides.

Back