Help choosing an ebike for mountain roads

Found one that shipped in August and made that leap yesterday!

I had misread ship date (or it changed) and was able to get it in. Very excited.
Congrats! I, too, am leaning toward a Sondors, but the MXS model. Though I also like the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic. Price wise, they're only a couple hundred apart. Now I just need to choose, and we all know the pains of that. Haha! Anyway, enjoy your new ride (when it comes in). =)

Congratulations. Willing to bet you're REALLY happy with that bike! After a lifetime on motorcycles and quads, I tried both types of throttles when getting into e-bikes, and found my wrists much prefer the trigger! Try it. You might like it! A lot of people don't use the throttle much anyway. If you don't like it, change it (and the shifter, no big deal).

Congratulations. Willing to bet you're REALLY happy with that bike! After a lifetime on motorcycles and quads, I tried both types of throttles when getting into e-bikes, and found my wrists much prefer the trigger! Try it. You might like it! A lot of people don't use the throttle much anyway. If you don't like it, change it (and the shifter, no big deal).

Good to know @AHicks ! I'm hoping I can lay off that throttle a bit more than I did on the test ride with the Pedego. I was King Lazy with that thing. Throttle all day long.

At first you are going to suck as a rider. Coordinating proper PAS level, what gear you're in, your speed, then adjusting each correctly as terrain and conditions change, is nearly impossible to do efficiently - to the point the battery starts lasting as long as they said it will anyway. After a while, say a 100 miles or so, things are going to start settling in. By 300 miles things start coming together, and not long after that, you aren't even thinking about it. Point being, give yourself some time to get acclimated. There's more to riding efficiently, a lot more, than meets the eye.... Have fun! -Al

At first you are going to suck as a rider. Coordinating proper PAS level, what gear you're in, your speed, then adjusting each correctly as terrain and conditions change, is nearly impossible to do efficiently - to the point the battery starts lasting as long as they said it will anyway. After a while, say a 100 miles or so, things are going to start settling in. By 300 miles things start coming together, and not long after that, you aren't even thinking about it. Point being, give yourself some time to get acclimated. There's more to riding efficiently, a lot more, than meets the eye.... Have fun! -Al

I got back on that Pedego fat bike today for a couple hours. Took the battery from 100% to 37%. Worked it to death on hills. Wanted to see how it performed in that environment. It had a 500w motor, but I just know I wasn't really riding it how I should to baby it or save the battery. I can definitely see how it'll be a learning process and willing to bet that your estimate is probably spot on. I'll be mindful of that, thanks @AHicks

Attachments

• PedegoChattanooga.jpg
    PedegoChattanooga.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 287
Back