Help! Battery problem

WaiLingLo

Hi guys! My 3 months old Evo City Wave won't turn on. Life got busy and I wasn't able to ride for a month and I tried to ride again over the weekend. I charged the battery up to full capacity, turned on the LCD panel and the battery indicator just kept blinking. I tried charging the battery again by taking the battery off of the bike but still got the same blinking battery indicator on the LCD panel. I called the bike shop and they're talking to the EMotion rep about it. Anyone had this same issue before? Is my battery dead?

Hi guys! My 3 months old Evo City Wave won't turn on. Life got busy and I wasn't able to ride for a month and I tried to ride again over the weekend. I charged the battery up to full capacity, turned on the LCD panel and the battery indicator just kept blinking. I tried charging the battery again by taking the battery off of the bike but still got the same blinking battery indicator on the LCD panel. I called the bike shop and they're talking to the EMotion rep about it. Anyone had this same issue before? Is my battery dead?

I have had this experience. Basically, you overcharged your battery a little more. The charger that comes with the bike is not a smart charger, although it does the job fairly well.
Just because the LCD is blinking, doesn't mean you can't ride the bike. Go ahead and ride it for couple of miles, the battery indicator should return to normal.

Last edited:
I have had this experience. Basically, you overcharged your battery a little more. The charger that comes with the bike is not a smart charger, although it does the job fairly well.
Just because the LCD is blinking, doesn't mean you can't rude the bike. Go ahead and ride it for couple of miles, the battery indicator should return to normal.
Thanks Ravi! I've ridden the bike a couple miles but the LCD is still blinking. (The bike is surprisingly easy to ride without power!) I'll ride more and hope it'll work.

Thanks Ravi! I've ridden the bike a couple miles but the LCD is still blinking. (The bike is surprisingly easy to ride without power!) I'll ride more and hope it'll work.

Can you take off the display and make sure the pins are clean and re-seat the display?
Sometimes when the display is not well seated, the bike doesn't boot up properly. If there was an error in the controller or the motor, you would see an error code. If you are not seeing any, can you try adjusting display?

So after riding the bike some more and cleaned all the pins for the display, the battery indicator is still blinking. I contacted the bike store and the Emotion rep said he's going to send me a replacement battery. I'm relived to have the bike still being under warranty, but kind of disappointed that the battery is dead so soon!

So after riding the bike some more and cleaned all the pins for the display, the battery indicator is still blinking. I contacted the bike store and the Emotion rep said he's going to send me a replacement battery. I'm relived to have the bike still being under warranty, but kind of disappointed that the battery is dead so soon!
Having the same issue was it your battery?. My brand new e bike is sending me a flashing battery through the LCD screen. In the beginning if I power it off and then back on it would show fully charged on the LCD screen. But as soon as you take off it goes back to flashing. It still operates. That's the only way you can tell what's your battery level is pushing the button on the battery itself. Which one light could mean 5% are 20% so not very helpful. They're sending me a battery saying that that's the issue but while waiting on the battery to come I fix my battery it's not the issue. Unless something bad was the VMS inside the battery. But I don't think so. Because it tests was in all the specs it should with my multimeter. Still don't understand why my charger fluctuates does not put a steady 54.6 volts like it should. Usually fluctuating Chargers are to wake up the battery and then they set themselves. This one is still shows at fluctuating all over the board but I plug it into my battery in it will charge it now. The problem with the battery was when you plug in the adapter they send you it wasn't grounding so of course wasn't charging.

Back