Help: assist dropouts after replacing rear wheel

ptolemyx

My 2016 CrossCurrent has always had a problem with broken spokes, so I finally went back for warranty service at the shop I bought it from .. which is unfortunately a ferry ride away (I live in BC).

The shop was going to rebuild the wheel under warranty, but I showed up that day at the last minute and mainly due to time constraints they decided to just replace the wheel with one from a new bike they had on the floor.

They did a stand test after the installation but since they were just about to close when they'd finished nobody had time to test ride it before I sailed home--a mistake, since the bike now provides no assist at all until I've applied almost two full revolutions at the crank from a stop.

At that point, assist kicks in as I'd expect .. until the top end, where I get more irregular but short (~1 second) dropouts while still pedaling. This happens in all modes up to and including sport.

I've triple checked all connections. I've unbolted the wheel and made sure the axle is sitting where it should in the dropouts before tightening it back up. No change.

Over the phone, the shop has no idea why this is happening, and since there are no Juiced dealers in my town I'm not sure it's worth taking it anywhere local... so my only choice is to take a ferry back to the shop, where they can at last resort replace the new wheel with my (now rebuilt) original one.

They won't charge me, of course, but I'll still have to pay for the ferry and it's a whole day to get there and back. So, I wanted to post here first in case anyone has any suggestions about how to fix the issue.

Love this bike otherwise... I've put a few thousand commuter KMs on it so far and am looking forward to riding it for another couple of years at least (at which point I'll probably buy the latest Juiced model as a replacement).

Thanks in advance!

Back