Hello, my name is Jeff and I'm from southeastern, PA. USA.

JeffGreene

I'm not a kid, mid sixties, and a cancer survivor. My wife is a long time avid cyclist. After 11 hours of cancer surgery two years ago, I can no longer keep up to her and my cycling friends on my existing bike, a Diamondback interval carbon. I can do so on an ebike, however. I recently, after much research, much of it on this site and others, selected the the Trek HM700. The problem is that I'm 6' 3'' and need a 60 frame and that model is backordered until at least December. Is there a comparable mid-drive ebike people could recommend that would be just as speedy and accommodate 40 to 60 mile daily trips in eco mode. I'm not averse to buying an additional battery, but would prefer a bike with roughly the same specs as the trek. I'd prefer to keep the costs below 4K if possible. Any suggestions welcomed!

Hi, and Welcome!

Saw this bike on Craigslist...might wanna check it out ;)

Don't know anything about the bike or seller.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Oops, guess that bike is 5 hours from you...eek! Who would have thought PA was so big? Sorry...

No problem, I ended up getting the Trek HM700. As it turned out, the 60 frame was a bit big for me. The 55 is perfect. Exactly the same size as my regular bike. My local bikeline was able to locate the last 55 frame in the corporate warehouse. Very happy with the bike. Thought it would be a good deal heavier than my carbon, but the aluminum frame is very manageable. Thanks for the response.

Back