Hello Lectric Bike Owners - Help :)

mlcinema

Region
USA
Hello All,

I am new here and don’t have an Ebike yet and can’t spend thousands on my first one. I have a couple of questions about the Lectric bikes.

How do you like your Lectric bike? I’m guessing you do if your reading this forum 😃

Do they have good customer service?

Do you repair your own bike or take it to a shop?

Any major issues with the Lectric bikes?

Are they good for light off-road trails?

Do they easily fit into your car? I have a Subaru Outback looking to fit 2 in the back.

Does anyone have an opinion on Lectric vs. Rad Power Bikes?

Anything else to add?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
We bought two of the XP ST bikes a month ago. Can't say enough about them, just great ebikes. Beautifully made, flawless paint, great operation, great info LCD. AND CRUISE CONTROL (very rare)! And--the price was remarkably low, about $1K.

We've since added folding baskets, 11-34 freewheels (wider pedaling range), alarm, horn, goop for tires, smartphone mount, 5v USB port for charging the smartphone. Bike came with rear suspension also (springy seatpost plus big cushy seat), very good lock, bright headlight.

I've talked to the young and enthusiastic folks at the HQ in Phoenix. Quite a contrast with dealing with another ebike company--there, just a phone number and a person who had difficulty with English. Lectric has only been around for a few years, but are selling a zillion ebikes. Right now there are literally hundreds of bike companies. When the industry sorts out, I think Lectric will be one of the survivors.

As for Rad, I've never ridden one but I like the looks of Lectric far better. More value for the buck, also. Oh, and did I mention CRUISE CONTROL?

Drawback: yes, the bike folds, but it's heavy. If you're used to a 35lb mountain bike, double it. This is NOT like a Brompton, where you fold it and then carry it onto the subway. But aside from that limitation, a very practical and well-built machine. One quirk: you need to set the wheel diameter to 26" in the controller to get accurate speed and mileage indications. An incorrect parameter was apparently entered at the factory, but changing the wheel diameter number is a simple workaround.

Bike shops will be able to fix most stuff and the corporate HQ the rest. Don't be surprised if the local bike shop HATES it. It's that good, and they didn't get a commission on selling one of their own $3K ebikes.

What first got my attention to Lectric were the tons of positive YouTube videos. Invest some time with them; some of them show how to carry the bikes in a car. The bikes do fold into a fairly compact size. I won't be folding ours as we already have a beefy carrier that mounts to a receiver in back.

Last edited:
We bought two of the XP ST bikes a month ago. Can't say enough about them, just great ebikes. Beautifully made, flawless paint, great operation, great info LCD. AND CRUISE CONTROL (very rare)! And--the price was remarkably low, about $1K.

We've since added folding baskets, 11-34 freewheels (wider pedaling range), alarm, horn, goop for tires, smartphone mount, 5v USB port for charging the smartphone. Bike came with rear suspension also (springy seatpost plus big cushy seat), very good lock, bright headlight.

I've talked to the young and enthusiastic folks at the HQ in Phoenix. Quite a contrast with dealing with another ebike company--there, just a phone number and a person who had difficulty with English. Lectric has only been around for a few years, but are selling a zillion ebikes. Right now there are literally hundreds of bike companies. When the industry sorts out, I think Lectric will be one of the survivors.

As for Rad, I've never ridden one but I like the looks of Lectric far better. More value for the buck, also. Oh, and did I mention CRUISE CONTROL?

Drawback: yes, the bike folds, but it's heavy. If you're used to a 35lb mountain bike, double it. This is NOT like a Brompton, where you fold it and then carry it onto the subway. But aside from that limitation, a very practical and well-built machine.

Bike shops will be able to fix most stuff and the corporate HQ the rest. Don't be surprised if the local bike shop HATES it. It's that good, and they didn't get a commission on selling one of their own $3K ebikes.

What first got my attention to Lectric were the tons of positive YouTube videos. Invest some time with them; some of them show how to carry the bikes in a car. The bikes do fold into a fairly compact size. I won't be folding ours as we already have a beefy carrier that mounts to a receiver in back.

Great! Thank you for your time. Do you ride off-road? How is it?

Right now it's cold and drizzly here in Oregon, but the bikes have 3" tires, so they should do pretty well in soft stuff. Probably some YouTube videos about that.

Great! Thank you for your time. Do you ride off-road? How is it?
We converted ours with front suspension, bmx handlebars and suspension seat post. It goes fine on trails, but is still 63 lbs. Perfect for bike trails, bike paths and flat desert. I would stay away from soft sand. I cant really find a knock. Any issues we have either figured out with the help of a Youtube video (see Jeremy McIntosh sp) or by emailing Lectric. They have been awesome.

Attachments

• Baby seat XP.jpg
    Baby seat XP.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 252
We converted ours with front suspension, bmx handlebars and suspension seat post. It goes fine on trails, but is still 63 lbs. Perfect for bike trails, bike paths and flat desert. I would stay away from soft sand. I cant really find a knock. Any issues we have either figured out with the help of a Youtube video (see Jeremy McIntosh sp) or by emailing Lectric. They have been awesome.

Excellent! Thank you.

Micinema,​

My experience with the XP, I have had one for a little over a year now with 1000 miles.
I have to say I love it. I use it just about every day for errands up town or , sometimes, to just get out and ride around. My girlfriend and I (she has one too) take them to ride the many Rail Trails we have here in New England. I take mine on fire roads and power lines. The ride can be rough off road but what do I expect?
I can simply load them in a pickup truck for local trips. For destinations further away, they will both fit a Volvo wagon or Honda HR-V with room to spare.
There have been no problems so Customer Service hasn't been tested.
It is a BICYCLE. Easy to work on. Simple adjustments has been all that is needed.
In all, I purchased these for what they are. Electric bicycles that can be transported in a car, stored out of the way, are fun to use, economical to own.
I have not been disappointed.

Micinema,​

My experience with the XP, I have had one for a little over a year now with 1000 miles.
I have to say I love it. I use it just about every day for errands up town or , sometimes, to just get out and ride around. My girlfriend and I (she has one too) take them to ride the many Rail Trails we have here in New England. I take mine on fire roads and power lines. The ride can be rough off road but what do I expect?
I can simply load them in a pickup truck for local trips. For destinations further away, they will both fit a Volvo wagon or Honda HR-V with room to spare.
There have been no problems so Customer Service hasn't been tested.
It is a BICYCLE. Easy to work on. Simple adjustments has been all that is needed.
In all, I purchased these for what they are. Electric bicycles that can be transported in a car, stored out of the way, are fun to use, economical to own.
I have not been disappointed.
Excellent! Thank you. Sounds like you ride how I will. Can’t wait to get started.

I have the original XP.
I DO ride on unpaved forest trails.. nothing crazy but all natural with huge sticks, roots, and pine cones everywhere.
However, I have added the motorcycle tires.. You have to look up pics of my bike here somewhere, They are the answer!
Anyway, You have to pick your line and pay attention to the trail in front of you obviously, but its awesome.. I was out all day yesterday here in Oregon!
I have had no issues .. I work on my own bike.
Today will be another sunny day!
See you out there!
Cheers
Racer

I have the original XP.
I DO ride on unpaved forest trails.. nothing crazy but all natural with huge sticks, roots, and pine cones everywhere.
However, I have added the motorcycle tires.. You have to look up pics of my bike here somewhere, They are the answer!
Anyway, You have to pick your line and pay attention to the trail in front of you obviously, but its awesome.. I was out all day yesterday here in Oregon!
I have had no issues .. I work on my own bike.
Today will be another sunny day!
See you out there!
Cheers
Racer

Thank you.

We got the Lectric XP Lite for my wife back in early June and she loves it. Here are my answers to your questions:

How do you like your Lectric bike? I’m guessing you do if your reading this forum 😃
My wife loves the bike. It's the blue one. I'm considering buying a second Lite to keep up with her - possibly the sandstorm.

Do they have good customer service?
My interactions with them have been good. At least they are here in the USA and speak English.

Do you repair your own bike or take it to a shop?
I repair my bikes. The front brake caliper was making a noise and I had to adjust it. Otherwise nothing else out of the box apart from checking everything was tight.

Any major issues with the Lectric bikes?
I had to cancel the rack and pannier ordered back in May because I was told it wouldn't arrive until mid-August. But I'm hearing from other people on this forum that they are now shipping.

Are they good for light off-road trails?
I can't tell you - we ride on paved paths only. I suspect the XP Lite is not meant for off-road

Do they easily fit into your car? I have a Subaru Outback looking to fit 2 in the back.
I have a 2017 Outback and it easily fits with room for a second. Also the weight of the XP Lite is only about 47lbs so easily managed by my wife to put in her Forester. The XP2.0ST that I may consider is over 60lbs - I can handle that but my wife will not be able to.

Does anyone have an opinion on Lectric vs. Rad Power Bikes?
I cannot answer this. We bought the XP Lite on price and weight. The Rad Power bikes cannot match on those criteria.

Back