Hello from the Isle of Man

Hi all,

I'm a mid 50's bloke from Liverpool, been here on the Isle of Man for the past 20 years, and I try to keep reasonably fit. I stopped doing half marathons a couple of years ago after damaging both my achilles from over training (and from weighing over 100kg), and my knees are not that great anyway from a youth spent playing too much football and rugby.

I still ride a bike, got an orange clockwork 29er that is a few years old now, and where I live the only way out to the hills involves a hard climb out of town, so my knees tend to complain for a few days after a bike ride. As a result, I've decided to bite the bullet and get an e-Mountain bike.

There are lots of bike options on the island but I've decided to go with Giant as I demo'd a Fathom E+ 3 and it got me up one of the steeper hills out of town very easily and I liked the way it felt in the cockpit, and coming from the home of the TT, who wouldn't want a Yamaha engine?

I'll probably wait until the new range is out before making a decision on a 2020 bike or a discounted 2019 bike. I'll also keep my Orange as its a great bike so will still try to use it when I can.

Cheers all.

Back