Hello from Tennessee-Near future ebike owner

flashracer

Hello everyone. My name is Henry and I am about to buy 2 ebike. Just have to figure which one for my wife and I. My wife is 62 and I am 60. I ride a Harley Davidson touring motorcycle. So I am used to riding upright. I am trying to decide on a Specialized turbo Como 4.0 or Vado4.0 My wife is definitely getting a step thru. She loved the Como but hasn’t ride a Vado. I test rode a Vado 4.0 which I liked and then he put me on the Como 3.0 and it felt like riding my motorcycle. Not much change in the torque. I found another dealer with a Como 4.0 and felt very more torqued. Would I be happy with Como or would I be happier with the Vado4.0 with a front shock. We will be riding greenways which are bumpy and with many big hills and also around our neighborhood. We are using them for exercise. Should I get a step through or standard? I have also rode a Giant Explore with I thought I had to peddle pretty hard to get any assistance and a Trek Verve+ which felt the same. A pedego which jumped too hard and not so easy to control. We also have to buy a bike rack.

We are using them for exercise. Should I get a step through or standard?
I found about age 62 it was getting difficult to lift my leg over the bar and seat. Strength can be maintained with age but flexibility goes away. You may be taller than me, though. Falls are a danger past age 70 or so. I bought the step through bike shown left. I ride without power most of the time, except when headwinds get over about 12 mph. The geared hub motor rides just like a 75 lb bike without power. I don't like the jerkiness of cheap PAS and deleted the pickup & display, just using the throttle when I need electric assist. My display fogged up from the rain.
BTW welcome to the site.

Hello everyone. My name is Henry and I am about to buy 2 ebike. Just have to figure which one for my wife and I. My wife is 62 and I am 60. I ride a Harley Davidson touring motorcycle. So I am used to riding upright. I am trying to decide on a Specialized turbo Como 4.0 or Vado4.0 My wife is definitely getting a step thru. She loved the Como but hasn’t ride a Vado. I test rode a Vado 4.0 which I liked and then he put me on the Como 3.0 and it felt like riding my motorcycle. Not much change in the torque. I found another dealer with a Como 4.0 and felt very more torqued. Would I be happy with Como or would I be happier with the Vado4.0 with a front shock. We will be riding greenways which are bumpy and with many big hills and also around our neighborhood. We are using them for exercise. Should I get a step through or standard? I have also rode a Giant Explore with I thought I had to peddle pretty hard to get any assistance and a Trek Verve+ which felt the same. A pedego which jumped too hard and not so easy to control. We also have to buy a bike rack.
My Verve + has all the power and range I need, and I only have positive things to say about it with the exception of it is a very jarring ride when going over rough terrain or bumps. I would definitely go with one that has a shock for the type surfaces you will be riding.

Back