Hello from sunny South East Queensland Australia - new Gain M30 Flat Bar (1x) owner here.

superflea

Region
Australia
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself and my new bike for those who are interested.

It is a 2021 Orbea Gain M30 flat bar which normally comes with a Shimano 105 groupset, but I had the bike shop change out for a GRX600 crank (800 not available unfortunately) with an 800 series 42-tooth chainring, and an SLX 11-42 cassette and SLX shifters and brakes.

I decided to get into riding early this year at 48, and had my sites set on a Specialized Sirrus X 5.0 that I ordered. Due to the global delays in getting bikes, it kept getting pushed back each month, so I bought a Specialized Rockhopper from Gumtree to get me riding and did over 800kms on it waiting for the Sirrus. While this was happening, my wife bought a Specialized Como (3.0) so that she could ride with me as well, and after having a quick burn on it I kinda fell for the whole E-Bike thing!

The problem for me was that I was basically after a great looking (subjective, I know), inconspicuous, quick, carbon flat bar e-bike (with a 1x drivetrain) for around Como money...and (in Australia at least), that is not an easy thing to find.

After researching and finding the Gain, I was immediately attracted to it. It has a 2x setup as standard, but that could be fixed...it was pricier than I wanted, so I sold my motorbike that I hadn't been riding and went for it! Lucky for me, a shop in Brisbane had an order slot open with Orbea, and I only had to wait about 3 weeks from the build date ( a few weeks after I ordered) to receive it. I picked it up just the other day, and have been on 3 rides so far (totalling about 60kms). It is fantastic to ride - nice and quick, and not too heavy when the motor cuts out.

Anyway, here it is - I went through the MyO configurator, and ended up with matte black/sky blue with speed silver accents on the forks, white on the top tube Gain/seat stay Orbea logos, and titanium on the head tube Orbea logo. The 'Demonio Veloz' is (kinda) Spanish for Speed Demon...well, actually 'Demonio De La Velocidad' is, but the configurator wouldn't allow that many letters. Enjoy!

IMG_4259.jpeg
IMG_4278.jpeg
IMG_4280.jpeg
IMG_4284.jpeg
IMG_4276.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4271 2.jpeg
    IMG_4271 2.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 271
lol, I am a Fender/Marshall guy at heart, so of course I have a blackguard Telecaster (Baja 50's), but I also have an Edwards (made by ESP in Japan) Les Paul, and a Charvel ProMod San Dimas in purple sparkle for when my inner-80's hair metal guy wants to come out! :)

my acoustics are an old Washburn that I've had since 1992, and a Taylor 314CE that my wife got me for my 40th birthday.

the amps left to right are a Line 6 DT25 with a 1x12 extension cab, a Marshall SV20 head on top of a 1960A cab, and the Supermodel in the corner is my beloved Marshall Astoria Custom.

Back