Hello from Southern California, USA

kstdennis

Been lurking for a while and digging through all the great input on bikes, components, enginges and what not. I figured I should join and ask some questions of the knowledgeable community here.
I've been riding a Giant Fastroad SLR a couple times a week for a while and enjoying it. I was doing 20+ miles on average around the city and on bike paths. I moved to the mountains a few years back and riding up/down 2k elevation into the city wasn't quite as enjoyable, so now I'm in the market for some assistance in the form of an ebike. Thanks and I'll see you in the forums.

A big welcome to yo kitdennis, plenty of help from mostly friendly people here, so ask plenty of questions and don’t just jump until you feel you have a good idea what you want. There are plenty of good bikes out there for different needs. Good luck in your purchase and always ride safe.

A big welcome to yo kitdennis, plenty of help from mostly friendly people here, so ask plenty of questions and don’t just jump until you feel you have a good idea what you want. There are plenty of good bikes out there for different needs. Good luck in your purchase and always ride safe.
Thanks for the welcome! Will be sure to ask plentry of questions and contribute where I can. Again, thanks!

I think Giant bikes are the shiznit. The yamaha drive is just outstanding.
That said, the shops are all still waiting for 2021 models. The industry has been completely stripped of product through the pandemic, and the factories are still trying to catch up. It's really slim pickin's out there.
I've bought a couple from Fullerton Bikes - Ricardo - but they haven't had any new bikes for months now.
Which mountains did you move to??

Yeah, I really dig Giant's stuff. It was my first stop when looking into Ebikes. Wow for months! I had seem that it was slim, but didn't realize it was that far out.
I'm over in NE Los Anageles, in La Crescenta, between the Verdugo and San Gabriel mountains. It's a lovely little valley, but almost 0 flat ground around us. :)

Back