Hello from Prince Edward Island, Canada

Old Don

Just an old senior, trying to keep active. Winter here now, so no e-biking presently, Just reading about new bikes and staying warm and cozy. When spring arrives, will get out my Ohm 700, 2015 and my Juiced cc, 2018. Not many miles on either or as we say here KLMS. Would love to get my hands on a good mid drive, to see how it performs, although not sure that my wife would be very happy about that.
I am finding lots of good reading here. very pleased so far.

Welcome to the site.
I'm 69, put 55 miles pedalling and 30 miles electric powered on the bike last week. Temp was 35 F when I used the motor. Below 32 when I had to pedal; the battery stays in the garage under a heating pad then. Found a bargain on craigslist. Had to go get it with a rollaway truck, then go out to the summer camp the next day & put it under a tarp before a half inch rain.

Hi Indianajo, thanks for the welcome. Not great conditions here for biking now ,unless I was younger and had a fat bike. Quite warm here today. just below freezing, last day of our January thaw, I think. You keep up the biking though, and good to hear from you.

Hi Don, do they allow a bike to ride across that new bridge? It wasn't there when we visited PEI. Took the ferry! Don't think I'd dare the bridge on a bike.

I rode today a little. Went two miles on the bike path. Sheer terror getting there on the icy sidewalk, and then half the path was in the shade and still icy. Turned around and came home on the nice dry street. Old enough here that my next fall could be my last.

Hi Harry, I just attempted a reply. New to the form and not sure that you received the reply. At any rate, no they don't allow bikes to drive across the bridge. Maybe, if they could maintain 50 mph. Good to hear from you. Don

Just an old senior, trying to keep active. Winter here now, so no e-biking presently, Just reading about new bikes and staying warm and cozy. When spring arrives, will get out my Ohm 700, 2015 and my Juiced cc, 2018. Not many miles on either or as we say here KLMS. Would love to get my hands on a good mid drive, to see how it performs, although not sure that my wife would be very happy about that.

2015-2018-???? A 2021 e-bike would keep your every-three-years streak going! :D

Welcome Don from the left coast.

Back