Hello From Ohio

Gator

I am on the verge of purchasing a new electric bike. I am a long time rider of mountain bikes, but mostly on the street. I want to commute and I have tried using my tried and true Trek 930 that I have had for almost 25 years. I have an 11 mile commute and it is just a little too far to then put in a day of work in a professional environment. I am deep into research and trying to arrive at a decision on a brand and model so you will probably see me around asking a lot of questions.

I am on the verge of purchasing a new electric bike. I am a long time rider of mountain bikes, but mostly on the street. I want to commute and I have tried using my tried and true Trek 930 that I have had for almost 25 years. I have an 11 mile commute and it is just a little too far to then put in a day of work in a professional environment. I am deep into research and trying to arrive at a decision on a brand and model so you will probably see me around asking a lot of questions.

I recently purchased a bike from Biktix and I'm very happy with the bike, service and delivery. Also, you can get a lot of bike for your dollar. Check them out.

Lots of good help here. Might get more suggestions than you bargained for!

I ride Juiced Bikes' CrossCurrent S. It's perfect for what you describe, full-featured (and some unique features) at a comparatively low price. Demand is high, though, so there would be a wait. They're ramping up production even as we speak, but the pipeline isn't full yet. Makes a good benchmark for comparison, if you prefer not to wait.

Almost forgot - what part of Ohio? I grew up in Chillicothe.

Lots of good help here. Might get more suggestions than you bargained for!

I ride Juiced Bikes' CrossCurrent S. It's perfect for what you describe, full-featured (and some unique features) at a comparatively low price. Demand is high, though, so there would be a wait. They're ramping up production even as we speak, but the pipeline isn't full yet. Makes a good benchmark for comparison, if you prefer not to wait.

Almost forgot - what part of Ohio? I grew up in Chillicothe.

I am just a couple of miles North of Cincinnati. I spent a summer in Chillicothe when I was 16. That is a sharp bike. I like that general shape. I would need an XXL.

I am just a couple of miles North of Cincinnati. I spent a summer in Chillicothe when I was 16. That is a sharp bike. I like that general shape. I would need an XXL.
I love Cincinnati, have lived there briefly a couple of times. Best of luck with your search for an ebike. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

I thought I would give you a pic with some details regarding my bike and Roshan, the owner of Biktrix. I have the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD. First of all Roshan is great to work with. I purchased the bike in April and received it two weeks after I ordered. In the initial shipment, the fork was bent by the delivery company. I spoke to Roshan, sent him a pic and I received a new fork within a week. Great service!! Everything on the bike works perfect. I programmed for 20 mile per hour max, which is plenty of speed for me and changed the levels from 1-5 to 1-9. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall, on a good day, and I was able to configure the handles bars, so I am in fairly upright position riding. I have been on the trails and the roads about 10 times now. The bike rides fantastic in both situations. Excellent power and I have the 48/19.2 battery, so plenty of range. I am extremely happy with my purchase from Biktrix. You may not need a bike like this one, but I can ride this on the street, up steep hills, on trails, in the snow and on the sand at the beach. No limitations. Roshan has a number of different bikes to choose from. Hope you enjoy the pic attached.
thumb_IMG_2862_1024.jpg

I thought I would give you a pic with some details regarding my bike and Roshan, the owner of Biktrix. I have the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD. First of all Roshan is great to work with. I purchased the bike in April and received it two weeks after I ordered. In the initial shipment, the fork was bent by the delivery company. I spoke to Roshan, sent him a pic and I received a new fork within a week. Great service!! Everything on the bike works perfect. I programmed for 20 mile per hour max, which is plenty of speed for me and changed the levels from 1-5 to 1-9. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall, on a good day, and I was able to configure the handles bars, so I am in fairly upright position riding. I have been on the trails and the roads about 10 times now. The bike rides fantastic in both situations. Excellent power and I have the 48/19.2 battery, so plenty of range. I am extremely happy with my purchase from Biktrix. You may not need a bike like this one, but I can ride this on the street, up steep hills, on trails, in the snow and on the sand at the beach. No limitations. Roshan has a number of different bikes to choose from. Hope you enjoy the pic.

I love the look of that bike. I really do and I love the options, but they just don't make one big enough.

I do not know how tall you are, but the bike is a little oversized for me. It says an 18 inch frame, but it measures 19 inches from the center of the crank to the top of the vertical post under the seat.

Back