Hello from Northern Ontario, Canada!

EasyRiderDude

Hi everyone!....Well I have only been on board here for the past few days. Learned a lot about ebikes tho. I am new to all this but am considering my 1st ebike purchase soon. It's a daunting task to digest all the different makes, models & technology relating to ebikes before pulling the plug & purchasing that first bike. AND around here there's few opportunities to test drive since there are only a few shops/models to choose from in my city. I'll be checking them out tomorrow.

I want a bike mostly for leisure street riding, running errands & maybe some light trail riding. I was leaning toward the RadRunner Plus but the pre-order lead time is 3 months LONG! That's a lotta coin to put out & not see anything for it until summer is long over in these parts. No opportunity to test drive either given Rad bike's only showroom in Canada is many thousands of miles away from where I live.

So I will likely continue to ask lots of questions around here & watch lotsa YouTube video to assist in my decision making. Wish me luck & a rewarding 1st time buying experience!

Ride ON :cool: :cool:
ERD

Hi Dude and welcome to a fantastic informative and friendly site. As you know, there are many bikes out there from low end sub $1,000 to upward of $10,000. You are doing the right thing by researching and getting info from this site. As a second year rider of an Aventon Pace 500, class 3 bike, I have only good things to say, but I’m prejudice. This is a bike that would fit your demands and is only $1,399. I would certainly do my homework, but do consider it. There are many good bikes out there with quality components and you can get them for sub $2,000. Good luck in your search.

Hi everyone!....Well I have only been on board here for the past few days. Learned a lot about ebikes tho. I am new to all this but am considering my 1st ebike purchase soon. It's a daunting task to digest all the different makes, models & technology relating to ebikes before pulling the plug & purchasing that first bike. AND around here there's few opportunities to test drive since there are only a few shops/models to choose from in my city. I'll be checking them out tomorrow.

I want a bike mostly for leisure street riding, running errands & maybe some light trail riding. I was leaning toward the RadRunner Plus but the pre-order lead time is 3 months LONG! That's a lotta coin to put out & not see anything for it until summer is long over in these parts. No opportunity to test drive either given Rad bike's only showroom in Canada is many thousands of miles away from where I live.

So I will likely continue to ask lots of questions around here & watch lotsa YouTube video to assist in my decision making. Wish me luck & a rewarding 1st time buying experience!

Ride ON :cool: :cool:
ERD
Welcome to the forum!

As many have said here, one of the very important things to look for with an e-bike purchase is good local support. An e-bike often needs more adjustment and maintenance than a regular bike and a good dealer is worth spending a bit more. It's also important to actually test or at least sit on the make, model and size of bike you want to get. I understand in your case it would be difficult but check out what your local dealers carry and recommend.

Good luck!

Good canadian company is Voltbike and they have locals like you and me who own the bikes and make them available to us to test ride prior to ordering. The Yukon 750 is a teally nice fat bike with a two month wait period
Hey
Welcome

Back