Hello from Northern California

HyperJ

Region
USA
My drunk buddy told me to ride his E bike in the park at night. I tried it out, felt heavy climbing a hill. He taught my to "passively peddle" with pedal assist only , it climbed the hill effortlessly. I was hooked.
It was a German Haibike. They are awesome. I have a 2019 ALL Men 3.0 with 4665 miles on it.
IMG_1529.jpeg

Welcome to the site.
We have a frequent poster who really likes his haibike.
I find bikes with quick steering a hazard to my chin. This includes 99.9999999999% of mountain bikes built since 1990. I've managed 12000 no-fall miles on a stretch frame cargo bike.

Is that Mt. Diablo in the distance? There are tarantulas there.
Looks like Mt. Diablo to me. Used to ride it a lot in the 1990s, way back in the Late Bronze Age.

Great place to mountain bike, but you really had to keep an eye out for the tarantulas. They'd jump onto your legs from both sides of the trail at once and run straight for your face. When you fell over as you frantically tried to brush them off, their buddies would move in and steal your bike.

OK, OK, that never happens. In fact, never saw a single one.
;^}

Last edited:
Love cargo bikes.
I love cargo bikes too. But they take up so much space to store I would have to thin my stable. I have one here today that is almost seven feet long and is 34" wide. It carries four kids. What I really like best are cargo bike moms. They are all so nice. I heard that some are throwing a surprise birthday party for me on Friday. People don't normally just ask what kind of cake you like out of the blue. Back to soldering little bitty display wires for me. A customer wanted me to move a display connector from under a bike to under the display. That meant cutting it three times and running it through frame.

Back