Hello from Northern California

Steph

Hi Everyone,

new the to ebike world and let me tell you I am enjoying each part of it. I purchased my first ebike first week of July after watching tons of videos and reviews by EBR and i ended up going with a Trek Allant+ 8S. The bike is fantastic and I am enjoying the ride a lot more each day. I put almost 300 miles on the bike already riding through various bike paths and through the city.

Current upgrades/adjustments made to the Allant+ 8S:
Upgraded to a Kinekt Suspension seat post.
Made an adjustment to the bosch smartphone hub, I flipped it upside down and use a Quad Lock to hold my phone in place. I do this because i have a Iphone 11 Pro Max and the phone flies out of the universal hub when i hit a bump road.
I have replaced the Bontrager Satellite pedals with the Shimano Saint PD M828. I like the option of both 3MM and 5MM pins as i wear different shoes on each ride sometimes.

Currently waiting for the Kinekt Suspension Stem to be released and will upgrade to that.

other than that I think i will give the Schwable Marathon E-Plus tires a shot once i put a couple hundred more miles on the stock tires.

Nice to meet everyone and looking forward to any feedback or tips/tricks to make riding the allant+ 8S more enjoyable.

Hi Everyone,
new the to ebike world and let me tell you I am enjoying each part of it. I purchased my first ebike first week of July after watching tons of videos and reviews by EBR and i ended up going with a Trek Allant+ 8S. The bike is fantastic and I am enjoying the ride a lot more each day. I put almost 300 miles on the bike already riding through various bike paths and through the city.

Current upgrades/adjustments made to the Allant+ 8S: Upgraded to a Kinekt Suspension seat post.
Made an adjustment to the bosch smartphone hub, I flipped it upside down and use a Quad Lock to hold my phone in place. I do this because i have a iPhone 11 Pro Max and the phone flies out of the universal hub when I hit a bump road. I have replaced the Bontrager Satellite pedals with the Shimano Saint PD M828. I like the option of both 3MM and 5MM pins as I wear different shoes on each ride sometimes.
Currently waiting for the Kinekt Suspension Stem to be released and will upgrade to that.
other than that I think I will give the Schwable Marathon E-Plus tires a shot once I put a couple hundred more miles on the stock tires.
Nice to meet everyone and looking forward to any feedback or tips/tricks to make riding the allant+ 8S more enjoyable.

Welcome to EBR and thanks for sharing your mods. 😉

Go with the Schwalbe E-Plus tires... you will not be disappointed.

Welcome Steph, friendly buch of people with lots of knowledge willing to help out. Good luck and keep on riding.

Hi Steph, I'm new also and just bought an Allant 8S as well. I'm curious to hear more about your upgrades as I consider what to do with mine. I hope to see pics of yours.

Hi Steph, I'm new also and just bought an Allant 8S as well. I'm curious to hear more about your upgrades as I consider what to do with mine. I hope to see pics of yours.

hey will post some pictures in the next few days, I can definitely say upgrade to a suspension seat post will help out. Was thinking of changing the saddle sometime down the road. Might also want to consider changing the pedals out occasionally my foot would slide off the satellite pedals but it depends on the shoes i was wearing.

Hello to all of you. You’ve came to the right place, with lots of friendly people and advice. Good luck and keep on riding! and Steph, let us know how that Kinekt works out.

Hi Everyone,

Current upgrades/adjustments made to the Allant+ 8S:
Upgraded to a Kinekt Suspension seat post.
Made an adjustment to the bosch smartphone hub, I flipped it upside down and use a Quad Lock to hold my phone in place. I do this because i have a Iphone 11 Pro Max and the phone flies out of the universal hub when i hit a bump road.
I have replaced the Bontrager Satellite pedals with the Shimano Saint PD M828. I like the option of both 3MM and 5MM pins as i wear different shoes on each ride sometimes.

other than that I think i will give the Schwable Marathon E-Plus tires a shot once i put a couple hundred more miles on the stock tires.

Nice choice of pedal! I've been looking at those myself. I also love my Kinekt seat post. Good choice--quality upgrades!

Nice choice of pedal! I've been looking at those myself. I also love my Kinekt seat post. Good choice--quality upgrades!

they are great pedals, i use the 5MM outside and the 3MM on the inside part of the pedal. I got them from Bikeshoes.com as they had 12% off... I was a bit skeptical on the Seat post but after putting 200 miles on it I am amazed on how well it works.

they are great pedals, i use the 5MM outside and the 3MM on the inside part of the pedal. I got them from Bikeshoes.com as they had 12% off... I was a bit skeptical on the Seat post but after putting 200 miles on it I am amazed on how well it works.

Same here on the seat post. It's expensive and a little weird. I bought mine from Selle Anatomica (recommend them for a saddle, too) and got 25% off, with an offer to return in 30 days (I believe) if I needed. It took all of about 10 miles and a couple of adjustments to let me know I loved the seat post and wasnt returning it.

A couple of photos of the bike. And a closer view of the Shimano Saint pedals
38980E5F-13B7-4666-9418-28533D11A8CD.jpeg
8DBE48C7-9110-4736-9D28-321D49AF23D2.jpeg
E9C5568D-A420-4A5B-B246-2F1A87BB9616.jpeg
E33AF3A4-1691-4429-AE4C-FA899341B138.jpeg

Back