Hello from Massachusetts.

Len H

I have been following Ebikes for a while, and took the plunge about a year ago with A Pedego city commuter. I specifically chose a vendor with a local shop so I would have a face to face person to deal with if there were problems. I soon enough had reason to be glad I did. In June I had a spacial occupancy dispute with an SUV. Guess who won. Mike Hauser at Pedego Boston was very patient and flexible while I dealt with the insurance company.(It took MONTHS!). The damage was expensive. All that aside, I love the bike and use it daily for local errands.

I have a question, but it has nothing to do with my bike. An article in the Boston Globe yesterday mentioned that there are several hundred Lime bike Dockless Ebikes currently in the area. So, if they are dockless, how do they charge them?

Welcome!

I don't have experience with Lime Bikes personally but, from what I've read, their setup is similar to what Citi Bike does here in NYC with their dock-based bike share — ops folks drive around and swap out depleted batteries for fresh ones, then take the used ones back to the wearhouse for charging.

My husband has a Pedego CC. :)
On the limebikes--they drive around in a "lime bike" branded van and swap out the batteries in situ.

On your crash with the SUV, boy, I'm glad you are okay!!! Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the crash. Not surprised that your Pedego dealer did so well; my wife's Pedego dealer has been great to work with.

Sorry for your crash! I have a Pedego Interceptor and I've also had great support. As with most things you pay now or pay later.

Back