Hello from Maryland.

WRD

Have been researching for a few months.Have a local dealer in my area.The Magnum Metro or UI6 are my go too’s at this point.Just can’t decide.Most of my riding will be on light gravel and packed dirt rail trails (There are a couple of very steep hills I will need to climb returning home).Is the extra $500.00 worth it for a metro?I am 6 ft. And around 185lbs.Any advice from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum, I lived close by in Northern Virginia up until the end of last year.

I test drove the Metro when my wife and I were looking at bikes and I really liked it. They didn't have the U6 in stock, but looking at the specs between the two, the metro gives you hydraulic brakes (a big plus), along with a better suspension and drive train. Sounds like 500 worth of upgrades, but the U6 may meet all your needs.

Good luck on your decision and have fun with whichever one you choose.

Have been researching for a few months.Have a local dealer in my area.The Magnum Metro or UI6 are my go too’s at this point.Just can’t decide.Most of my riding will be on light gravel and packed dirt rail trails (There are a couple of very steep hills I will need to climb returning home).Is the extra $500.00 worth it for a metro?I am 6 ft. And around 185lbs.Any advice from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Hello from College Park!

i wish I could help you but am not familiar with these bikes. Just wanted to say hello. What part of the state are you in?

I'm not familiar with these bikes either, but I had a question for you. You mentioned there are some steep hills that you will be riding on? Are you buying a mid-drive motor or a rear drive?

The Magnums are rear drive motors.
I see from your washing thread that you got your bike. Did you buy from John in Monkton?

Hello from up north in PA. Welcome!

Last edited:
Hi WRD, I live in Montgomery county and have a similar dilemma. I like both the Magnum UI6 and the Rad City Step Thru. What did you decide on and how do you like your choice?

Hi WRD, I live in Montgomery county and have a similar dilemma. I like both the Magnum UI6 and the Rad City Step Thru. What did you decide on and how do you like your choice?
Hey there.I ended up getting the Magnum Metro.I like it a lot& with local bike shop close by that helped with the decision.Also the UI6’s have not come in yet.

Hi to fellow e-bike owners in MD. I am in Montgomery County as well. We have a Ride1up500 and an Espin Sport. Ordered an Espin Nero. Nero is similar to Rad step thru. Enjoy your rides.

Back