Hello from icy Quebec! My name is Yves

@yvesalf
Bonjour and Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here and post lots of pictures from your rides.
Nice choice of rides, how do you like your Teo? I love mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190630_092144.jpg
    IMG_20190630_092144.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 290
I own a regular hybrid bike, two electric fat bike : a TEO velo and a brand new LUNA fat babe. Ho i forget I also own a Kia Niro EV with a ton of autonomy.
Salut Yves! Et bienvenu!

I'm in Montreal and have a Giant Explore E+1 GTS as well as an acoustic bike.

Is there a Canadian source for the Luna?

Photos of your bikes would be nice!

@yvesalf
Bonjour and Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here and post lots of pictures from your rides.
Nice choice of rides, how do you like your Teo? I love mine.

Yeah IT is a powerful,heavy and solid bike. But the electric connection are quite cheap and i have worked many time to repair it. When they deliver it he doesn't work.

I ordered the Luna from california......and paid scandalous money for duty fee.
Do you know how much the actual duty was? Of course you had to pay GST and QST (Canadian and Quebec taxes on the Canadian exchanged cost) and probably some kind of brokerage fee. Plus transport. But with Free Trade, I'm surprised you had to pay duty as well. Oh... maybe (most probably!) because the bike was not MADE in the USA. So duty was paid in the States when it arrived there, plus duty again from the US to Canada. Gee, I'd think it might have been prohibitively expensive to do that.

I've found many items (such as Giant bikes) are cheaper here in Canada for us, than they would be if we bought in the States and paid the exchange rate. And certainly so if we add the duty that must then be paid. It's basically duty on top of duty. If the bike is bought here in Canada, there is only the one duty to be paid because the bike comes into Canada directly from overseas instead of from the States.

Anyway, enjoy your bikes and ride safely!!

Do you know how much the actual duty was? Of course you had to pay GST and QST (Canadian and Quebec taxes on the Canadian exchanged cost) and probably some kind of brokerage fee. Plus transport. But with Free Trade, I'm surprised you had to pay duty as well. Oh... maybe (most probably!) because the bike was not MADE in the USA. So duty was paid in the States when it arrived there, plus duty again from the US to Canada. Gee, I'd think it might have been prohibitively expensive to do that.

I've found many items (such as Giant bikes) are cheaper here in Canada for us, than they would be if we bought in the States and paid the exchange rate. And certainly so if we add the duty that must then be paid. It's basically duty on top of duty. If the bike is bought here in Canada, there is only the one duty to be paid because the bike comes into Canada directly from overseas instead of from the States.

Anyway, enjoy your bikes and ride safely!!
$650 CAD

The fat babe is a blast to drive. But i take care of the IGH like it was made with glass. Luna is suppose to send me a better part to fix rotation of the IGH.

I did a big ride today. Around two hour full blast and a lot of fun. The Maxxis Minion FBR 4 are the best tires i tried, very grippy on the mud. For the last half an hour the bafang M600 was in reduce power mode because it was 30 celsius.

Back