Hello from Dublin, Ireland.

Knolan

Hi,
I’ve been a cycle commuter for a long time and with a new job with a much longer urban commute I’m looking to dip my toe into e-bikes.
Been lurking here for a bit so thought it was time to say hi!

Another hello from Dublin, Ireland.
Hi KNolan, I've just joined the forum today and like you I was looking to dip my toe into e-bikes especially as I have just returned to Dublin from a five months trip to Berlin and I got to test out some e-Bikes over there. After a lot of searching I've just bought a Cube e-bike:
Cube Touring Hybrid EXC 500 Electric Trekking and I've had it for 8 days, and cycled about 150 km so far and I'm very pleased with it, in comparison to my old bike it makes cycling a joy even in wind and uphill. Yet I'm still getting good exercise, it's just I'm going faster and further with the same amount of effort.

Hi fxdaly!
Where did you pick up the bike? I’ve looked at Giant and Specialized models so far but I’ve heard great things about Cube here.

What’s you’re commute like? I’m increasing from just 6km in D15 to 19km across town.

I bought the e-bike from CycleSuperStore (www.cyclesuperstore.ie) and it costs €2519 as there was a 10% clearance sale on the 2018 models before they get the 2019 models in.

My commute is a little under 10km each way, which is a pretty easy cycle, made easier on an e-bike.

Frank.

The details are as follows:
Cube Touring Hybrid EXC 500 Electric Trekking 2018

We took things up a notch or two with our Touring Hybrid EXC.

As well as a completely redesigned frame for 2018 - borrowing some pretty impressive technology from some of our high-end hybrid bikes - the EXC features the more powerful Bosch 500Wh battery and third generation drive unit, for extended range and even longer days in the saddle. Whether you're tackling a longer commute or fancy a challenging multi-day route, this is the bike for the job. The brand new Bosch drive system has to be experienced to be believed - lighter and quieter than ever, it also features incredibly powerful software to create a ride that feels so smooth and natural you'll think you're riding a normal bike. Throw in the integrated luggage rack, inspiring but safe handling and a superb collection of components, and you can see that it's a tough act to follow. From the Suntour fork for more comfort on rough roads, to the wide-ranging 11 speed Shimano transmission capable of tackling any climb and powerful, reliable hydraulic disc brakes for safe stopping in all weathers, our designers selected only the best.

Specification

• Frame: Aluminium Superlite, Trekking Premium Sport, IC 2.0, Double Butted, Disc Only
  • Fork: SR Suntour NCX D LO Air, 63mm, Lockout
  • Headset: FSA 1.5E ZS-R, Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
  • Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm; EE: Satori Up2 Plus, 31.8mm, Adjustable
  • Handlebars: CUBE Rise Trail Bar, 700mm grips CUBE Natural Fit Comfort
  • Rear derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS, ShadowPlus, 11-Speed
  • Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M8000-I, Direct Attach
  • Brake system: Shimano Deore BR-M6000, Hydr. Disc Brake (180/160)
  • Crankset: FSA CK-602, 38T, Chainguard
  • Chain: KMC X11
  • Cassette: Shimano SLX CS-M7000, 11-46T
  • Front hub: Shimano XT HB-M8000, QR, Centerlock
  • Rear hub: Shimano XT FH-M8000, QR, Centerlock
  • Rims: CUBE SX20, 36H, Disc
  • Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon GT Tour, Performance, Dualguard, 47-622
  • Pedals: CUBE PP Trekking
  • Saddle: Selle Royal Lookin Moderate, Royalgel™
  • Seat post: CUBE Suspension Seatpost, 27.2mm
  • Seatclamp: CUBE Varioclose, 31.8mm
  • Front light: Trelock LS230, 12V, DC
  • Rear light: Herrmans H-Trace
  • Kickstand: CUBEstand Pro, Adjustable
  • Mudguards: SKS Stingray
  • Bell: Humpert
  • Carrier: CUBE Integrated Carrier 2.0, CUBE Adapter Compatible, SnapIt Compatible and Rail
  • Battery: Bosch PowerPack 500
  • Drive unit: Bosch Drive Unit Active Plus (50Nm) Cruise (250Watt)
  • Display: Bosch Intuvia
  • Charger: Bosch 2A
  • Weight: 22,9 kg

Our Touring Hybrid frame was already widely regarded as one of the best of its kind, but that wasn't enough for the CUBE engineering team. Determined to make it livelier, stiffer and more stable, they redesigned all three frames - the easy entry, trapeze and men's - to position the battery as low and as close to the centre of the frame as possible. Complex hydroforming and a gravity cast bracket to hold the motor - just two of the advanced technologies featured in this frame - create an incredibly stiff, precise structure that responds intuitively to its rider. The integrated luggage carrier is the sleekest, strongest and lightest way to carry whatever you fancy with you, while the smooth welds and internally routed cables keep the appearance as sleek and neat as you'd expect.

Back