Hello From California, but Not the Coast

cc_math

Region
USA
I'm located a few miles west of Yosemite National Park
Here's my 2021 Trek Rail 7
rail.jpg

West of Yosemite. Is that Modesto? Just kidding, it looks like you are in the woods. :) I live in the Southern California mountains.

West of Yosemite. Is that Modesto? Just kidding, it looks like you are in the woods. :) I live in the Southern California mountains.
😁
The picture was taken in front of the bike shop in Aptos.
I'm about 60 miles northeast of Modesto, in the Mother Lode.

A fine looking bike with a good reputation. Please send along some photo f your travels, and don’t forget to ride responsibly and safe.

Velkommen to the asylum. 😁
Some great trails in the Sierras. Just beware the pedal-only MTB'r psychos. LOL They HATE eMTB's. Our ebikes legally/technically aren't allowed anywhere in the forest, but we ride them anyway. Old and gray, they sure look silly telling me I can't ride my bike there. Well, actually, I've never had a ranger stop me, ANYWHERE, in CA or AZ.

The new Treks are a good bet. I tried to get three different shops to bring in a 5 for me to try out and no luck. Went the other direction.

Velkommen to the asylum. 😁
Some great trails in the Sierras. Just beware the pedal-only MTB'r psychos. LOL They HATE eMTB's. Our ebikes legally/technically aren't allowed anywhere in the forest, but we ride them anyway. Old and gray, they sure look silly telling me I can't ride my bike there. Well, actually, I've never had a ranger stop me, ANYWHERE, in CA or AZ.

The new Treks are a good bet. I tried to get three different shops to bring in a 5 for me to try out and no luck. Went the other direction.
Whether eBikes are allowed or not depends on each national forest supervisor.

Welcome! Great looking bike.
Post a photo from one of your adventures sometime.
This is from a ride yesterday in Sonoma and Marin.

Attachments

• 05202101.jpg
    05202101.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 05202102.jpg
    05202102.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 167
And NONE of them are legal for ebikes. On the roads, yes, and any motorized OHV trails. But if you are aware of any single track in national forest that is ebike legal, please post them up. 👍

Back