Heavy duty kick-stand

Amish David

After my 2ed kickstand broke on me last week I ordered a duel heavy duty one, my nabor helped me. , but I would feal better if the legs were 1" wider, however they are adjustable. And seams pretty sturdy. Oh also if you are like me you can raise the legs high enough to remove front or rear wheel to work on
0607182009.jpg
0607182009a.jpg

Last edited:
The kickstand from yubabikes.com is designed like that but the legs are much thicker. Costs $80. Works okay but if the weight in the panniers is >5 lb out of balance the bike falls over.

A David ...
For the past ten years I have used a Pletscher double kickstand on my folding travel bike. It's good. Folded away, both legs come together beneath the left chainstay.
pletscher_airnimal_1c_x.jpg

Folded down, its two legs splay out in front of the bottom bracket - stable enough for the front wheel to be removed.

pletscher_airnimal.jpg

If, with the front wheel removed, you weighted the front forks (I didn't need to) so that they stay on the ground, the rear wheel should lift clear allowing it to be removed - all the fun of an old-fashioned seesaw in the playground.
pletscher_airnimal_3c_x.jpg

... David B

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc ...
There are tighter clearances when the wheel is shod with a 62 mm Schwalbe Super Moto-X (top & bottom photos) compared with 47 mm Schwalbe Marathon (middle photo). You might also notice that a couple of plastic caps have been used to extend the legs when the chainstays are lifted higher above the ground by the fatter tyres.

Next project: put a magic wheel on the front to electrify my Airnimal. (September 2018 update: the Airnimal has a new owner and I have a few more dollars saved towards the R&M Homage.)
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back