Having problem with my NCM bike.

Lukeham

I have a NCM Aspen and I've noticed that the same problem arises typically after I have ridden it for a little while, turned it off for an hour or so, and then have ridden it again. The odometer and speedometer quit working and then the display cuts off say every 5 minutes. Its really annoying. I have tried contacting leoncycle but I'm still waiting on a call. Please offer your opinions on what this could be. My guess is the controller. Anyone else encountered this?

I am having the same issue. I've only had the Moscow Plus for three months and it has happened twice. First time, I only had the bike for a month. The rear motor had to be replaced as I was told that this issue is not repairable. Approximately one month after the repair/replacement of the rear motor, it has happened again. Very frustrating. I am working with my dealer for my second warranty repair.

I have a NCM Aspen and I've noticed that the same problem arises typically after I have ridden it for a little while, turned it off for an hour or so, and then have ridden it again. The odometer and speedometer quit working and then the display cuts off say every 5 minutes. Its really annoying. I have tried contacting leoncycle but I'm still waiting on a call. Please offer your opinions on what this could be. My guess is the controller. Anyone else encountered this?
Hi, on the Moscow there is an in-line connector a few inches away from where the cable comes out of the hub motor. It may look connected but not making full contact. Try disconnecting and reconnecting. This caused an similar issue on my bike.

Hi, on the Moscow there is an in-line connector a few inches away from where the cable comes out of the hub motor. It may look connected but not making full contact. Try disconnecting and reconnecting. This caused an similar issue on my bike.
Thanks! I did disconnect and reconnect that connector. Still didn't solve the problem. And, all the other functionality of the rear motor works. I still get PAS and I can still control the PAS level.

Is the speedometer working? This happens when the display cannot detect the hall sensor, so the auto switch off engages.

Oh, then it is a problem with the hall sensor. I had the same thing after some overheating. It can be easily solved by removing the motor cover and fixing the sensor (normally one solder is gone), but if it is under warranty and you are not in a hurry to use the bike (this was my case), leon cycles will solve it for you.

You must have noticed some decrease in motor power also, even at level 6

The display cannot the detect the speed of the wheel, so it thinks the bike is stopped and it has a 5 minutes auto power off function.

Yes, Leon Cycles will replace the entire back motor under warranty. Just takes sometime for shipping and then labor to replace. I can still ride, just without speed/odometer and hopefully the display & PAS doesn't dropoff when I really need it. They really need to go in and strengthen the connection. Twice in 3 months.

This is the same issue we are experiencing with a neighbors brand new e-trike. Bafang 500w hub motor.

I had this problem after about 400 kilometres of riding from new…. I was a bit surprised! I restarted and it did the same in approx 5 minute intervals until I eventually arrived home…. I was initially annoyed, because bike was so new, however after checking all connections I pushed home the main cable connection to the hub firmly and Presto it was fixed. All other connections were firmly connected… As a footnote the connections are very positive and not particularly easy to disconnect, they only go one way and clearly marked… I hope this helps?

Back