Have you tried cowboy coffee?

As suggested in the video, reheating coffee is not a good idea as it severely affects the taste. Putting cold coffee in a microwave is the way to get a bitter cup of coffee. When using cold brew to make a hot cup of coffee, you boil the extra water only and add cold brew to it. Microwaving the cold brew cooks the coffee and turns it bitter. With brewed coffee, you're better off to pour out the excess old coffee and brew a new batch if you care about flavor.

The best coffee I have enjoyed in my 63 years are freshly ground beans run through a french press. I havent done it in years, as now I just go thru the motions with a quick one every morning. But back in the day when we treasured hot joe, the press set us free!!

When I drove 18 wheelers I discovered big belt buckles. It started as a joke but before I knew it I had belt buckles as big as a wrestling belt! So big you couldn;t bend over to pick anything up, Then I got a nice ($250) cowboy hat and then some snake shin boots ($500). I think I still have the hat and boots but I don't care for coffee. My coffee is either Mountain Dew or a Gridlock drink from Aldi. We call it kid coffee.

The best coffee I have enjoyed in my 63 years are freshly ground beans run through a french press.
You might want to try an AeroPress:

You can buy them from online retailers (such as Amazon) or locally (i.e. Target/Walmart).

Besides using one at home (along with other methods to make coffee), I carried an AeroPress with a Trangia alcohol stove, Evernew titanium stove cross stand, Solo aluminum windscreen, and a Titanium cup (with lid) on my scooter trips. It's wonderful to have good coffee anytime you want when out riding. I'll probably break out the kit to start carrying on my eBike when I (eventually) start taking longer trips.

I still roast and grind my own beans at times. But being the epitome of lazy, I often buy them from a local roaster and grind them here on a conical burr grinder. Ooh! That reminds me... I have a portable grinder that I can add to my kit rather than carrying ground coffee with me:

When I drove 18 wheelers I discovered big belt buckles. It started as a joke but before I knew it I had belt buckles as big as a wrestling belt! So big you couldn;t bend over to pick anything up, Then I got a nice ($250) cowboy hat and then some snake shin boots ($500). I think I still have the hat and boots but I don't care for coffee. My coffee is either Mountain Dew or a Gridlock drink from Aldi. We call it kid coffee.
I used to work with a former rodeo queen and she wore her huge championship belt buckle with her tightest jeans every other Friday. There was a certain attraction to it.😏

Attachments

• 8E06EC40-A887-48F5-A07E-151B954E9F80.jpeg
    8E06EC40-A887-48F5-A07E-151B954E9F80.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 243
I was about to ask, "Which one?" But honestly... does it really matter given the ladies in the photo?
It wasn’t one of the ladies in the picture. Just used to show the way she dressed and did her hair.😉
She was just as lovely but taller than those ladies. She was 6’1” at least…or maybe her boots were lifted!

As suggested in the video, reheating coffee is not a good idea as it severely affects the taste. Putting cold coffee in a microwave is the way to get a bitter cup of coffee. When using cold brew to make a hot cup of coffee, you boil the extra water only and add cold brew to it. Microwaving the cold brew cooks the coffee and turns it bitter. With brewed coffee, you're better off to pour out the excess old coffee and brew a new batch if you care about flavor.
I appreciate all that but it's all grown all too complex. For me ... if the coffee does not taste terrible and it opens my peepers ... that's enough. And it better not cost more than about 50 cents a cup.

Back