Have you heard about Eon e-kickscooter?

Do you think it is scam?

• Yes, it is scam

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no, it is not scam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zerosix06

Last year Eon started their crowdfunding in Indiegogo. and they raised $1,401,965 so far.

They r introducing themselves, it's the most powerful, and the most advanced. and affordble price.

yes it looks pretty cool and much cheaper than other brands.

isn't it "good to be true" price?

I think there is noway to make profit with that.

But, the bigger problem is none of scooters r produced yet, and they r still selling the perks.

wanna hear about it from some experts what they think.

thanks

here is the link of the campagin.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eon-scooter-the-most-affordable-electric-scooter#/

If you look at their price list, they offer a spare 48volt 25 amp hour Panasonic battery pack for $279. I don't think anyone here would believe that price point is real. I also find that a 45mph speed on 8 or 10 inch tires on a minimally suspended scooter ( if attainable) is realistic or safe. A simple bump in the road or a pothole could prove fatal at those speeds.

If you look at their price list, they offer a spare 48volt 25 amp hour Panasonic battery pack for $279. I don't think anyone here would believe that price point is real. I also find that a 45mph speed on 8 or 10 inch tires on a minimally suspended scooter ( if attainable) is realistic or safe. A simple bump in the road or a pothole could prove fatal at those speeds.

Thanks for ur opinion.
I think so too.

I think that the Eon Scooter is not only a scam, I think it's a pretty obvious and audacious scam.

First, the scooter you see on their Indiegogo page? That isn't even the scooter they're offering! It's blatant and brazen misrepresentation. Their initial pitch said that the scooter prototype was done and they only needed funding. Then they pulled a bait-and-switch and suspiciously claimed that "due to backer demand" they were going to redesign the entire scooter. That's funny, because if backers wanted the scooter redesigned then why did they fund it to begin with? Their entire story is screwy. One gets the sense that they aren't being entirely truthful about why a redesign was needed. Even today, nine months into the never-ending campaign they don't have a working prototype. BTW, that's another red flag. They haven't even finished the prototype, but they're still taking orders. I think they're now selling "Batch 10". Whoa pardners! How's about you deliver batch 1 first and then think about later batches.

The owner of the Eon campaign also can never seem to get his stories straight. He recently claimed that the neck hinge on the Eon scooter is patented. But there's no record whatsoever of any patent being issued. When asked about this alleged patent the campaign owner started deleting those questions. Someone even asked him straight-up for the patent number and the campaign owner refused to provide it. You could easily tell he had been caught lying but didn't want to admit it.

Then there's the scooter's specs themselves. It looks very much like a case of "too good to be true". If you price out the components Eon claims to be using there's no way in h*ll they're building what they claim to be building for their initial price, which was much lower than the prices currently listed on their IGG page. Aside from that, I question the legality. I can't imagine there any many jurisdictions in the U.S., much less Europe and Asia, where you can legally ride a 45mph electric scooter. To say nothing of the fact that going that fast on a small electric scooter sounds like a great way to win a Darwin Award.

There's an on-going thread here where many people are claiming the Eon scooter is a scam. It's pretty hilarious reading. And after reading it, I think you'd have to be insane to give this company money. My guess is that they won't deliver anything. It's really too bad Indiegogo doesn't remove campaigns that have so many red flags.

Last year Eon started their crowdfunding in Indiegogo. and they raised $1,401,965 so far.

They r introducing themselves, it's the most powerful, and the most advanced. and affordble price.

yes it looks pretty cool and much cheaper than other brands.

isn't it "good to be true" price?

I think there is noway to make profit with that.

But, the bigger problem is none of scooters r produced yet, and they r still selling the perks.

wanna hear about it from some experts what they think.

thanks

here is the link of the campagin.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eon-scooter-the-most-affordable-electric-scooter#/

You can see lots of scooters with high quality and safety certified on Amazon with very low pricem or products in article top cheap hoverboard, just like some from the Hoverheart with only $150.00. I think they still have the profit for the materials of different products`level and features. On the other hand, more and more hoverboard sellers nowadays make a heavy competition, people would like to choose one with better quality and good after-sale service. If you want to get one, best hoverboard buying considerations will give you several important points.

48v25ah battery for $279? Lol. Must be using Chinese "relabelled"batteries which are nothing but old depleted batteries with new packaging and sold to gullible rubes.

Luna sells their full suspension Apocalypse v2 scooter that does 45mph using their 60v20ah battery with 1200w motor for $1800. Think you have to be certifiable to ride one

The Indiegogo Eon Scooter campaign is still "officially" alive, but it ain't looking good. Some facts about this campaign:

1. They've missed four of their own production deadlines. And recently it became clear that their previous claimed production dates were fraudulent because they didn't even have a manufacturing contract in place on those dates they claimed they'd be manufacturing.

2. The campaign owner has deleted hundreds of comments on the IGG campaign page. Most of these deleted comments were calling him out for his numerous inaccurate and/or inconsistent statements.

3. The campaign owner claims he has started purchasing parts, but refuses to post pictures of said parts or a picture of a Bill Of Materials. Probably because neither exists.

4. The campaign owner has trolled his own IGG campaign comments page with fake backers; something he's also been caught doing on other forums.

5. The campaign owner is suspiciously reluctant to show his face or talk to anyone. In 17 months time he hasn't personally addressed his backers via video even once, and he refuses to provide a telephone number or address where he can be reached. He also claims to have been an international business consultant, but oddly enough his LinkedIn page doesn't link him to any other humans or companies. In essence, nothing about the guy adds up.

6. Over the last six months the campaign owner has claimed a half-dozen times that he'll be going to Asia "soon" to begin manufacturing. When pressed for evidence of such plans (such as a plane ticket and/or pictures of him in Asia) he refuses to provide it.

7. The campaign owner has completely abandoned commenting at all on his IGG page because it was getting too hot for him to handle. He was being asked too many questions for which he had no good answers, and those questions were starting to cast doubt on nearly all of his claims. So he ran away. Now he only posts on his closed (private) Eon Facebook page, where he can control the dialogue and remove anyone who starts asking uncomfortable questions. Sure enough he has expelled numerous backers who dared to question the veracity of his words.

8. At various times the campaign owner has claimed to have anywhere between two and 20 people comprising "Team Eon". Of course he won't identify a single one of them. There's also good reason to believe he completely invented a fictitious employee named "Sharon". Supposedly this person was hired to answer emails, yet you constantly see backers on the IGG comments page claim they have sent several emails over a period of weeks but can't get a response.

9. The campaign owner has an active imagination. Which is a polite way of saying he's as dishonest as the day is long. As mentioned above he previously claimed to have a patent that flat-out doesn't exist. Some of his other funny claims? i.) he has claimed that "major retailers" want to stock his scooter; even though he doesn't even have a prototype completed; (ii) he has claimed his mythical factory will use robotics instead of humans to build the scooters. Of course, he can't be bothered to post any pictures of this factory; (iii) he once implied that he was going to be appearing on Shark Tank with his scooter. LOL! Like I said, the guy has a very active imagination.

I could go on and on with all of Eon's misdeeds, but I think y'all get the point.

And just as funny, there's a small contingent of sycophant Eon backers who totally think the campaign owner is 100% legit. These backers constantly go to bat for him, attempt to make excuses for all the lies and inconsistencies, and altogether appear to have been totally brainwashed as if they were cult members or something. It's completely bizarre! You have to wonder if these people are trying to garner favor so that they might be one of the few people who eventually get a scooter, or if they're just rock-stupid and extremely gullible. One of these cult-like backers in particular is a full-on religious nutjob, and he wants you to know it! The guy literally claims to be a "hand-picked prophet of God". o_O

Yes peeps...this entire campaign is that weird. I almost wouldn't even believe it had I not witnessed all of the above with my own eyes.

Needless to say the chance that Eon will ever deliver scooters to its backers is, IMO, slim to none. Fortunately, the Eon campaign raised almost $1.5M. I say that's fortunate because it's an amount of money that won't escape the attention of law enforcement if & when the campaign owner decides to do a disappearing act. Given what has already transpired with this campaign, the campaign owner stands a very good chance of facing grand larceny and criminal fraud charges if he doesn't deliver scooters or refund backers. There are people sitting in federal prison right now for lesser crimes.

If you want more details go read the link TDS 101 posted above. Lots of good info on that forum discussing all the craziness of the Eon campaign.

Back