Has anyone ridden both a Vado 4.0 and a Vado 5.0 and can compare?

It's a sound advice!

Please note that by sliding the saddle backwards you seem to be in the search for more Reach. That would put your body in a more aggressive position, and part of your body weight will be shifted off the saddle more onto the bars, making the saddle more comfortable. You mentioned Specialized road bikes: Was it not that you were really leaning forward on the bars there? That explains why you felt more comfortable on road bikes.

For me, the Bridge Sport (the same saddle you have in your Vado) is the most comfortable of all of my bike seats but I did a lot to increase the Reach on my both Turbo e-bikes to ride in a sporty position that shifts my body weight off the saddle! (each of my two Spec e-bikes had too short Reach as for me).
Hmmm, I get where you are coming from. But I actually do prefer a more upright riding position. I also have an Elektra "Dutch Style" behemoth of a bike that I absolutely adore. It's just that where the seat is hitting me doesn't feel right on the Vado. Maybe I'd be better off switching seats

Last edited:
Maybe I'd be better of switching seats
Bikeroc, I do not want to tell you my story again. I spent 3 years in the search of the "comfortable seat" to realize it was not the saddle that was wrong only me ruining my butt by doing everything to place most of my body weight on the saddle :) Now, with the sporty forward position, I can ride for 100 miles without aches...

Even do not ask me how many saddles I tried meanwhile :D

Bikeroc, I do not want to tell you my story again. I spent 3 years in the search of the "comfortable seat" to realize it was not the saddle that was wrong only me ruining my butt by doing everything to place most of my body weight on the saddle :) Now, with the sporty forward position, I can ride for 100 miles without aches...

Even do not ask me how many saddles I tried meanwhile :D
Thank you for the wisdom of your experience!

Hmmm, I get where you are coming from. But I actually do prefer a more upright riding position. I also have an Elektra "Dutch Style" behemoth of a bike that I absolutely adore. It's just that where the seat is hitting me doesn't feel right on the Vado. Maybe I'd be better off switching seats
I did not get on with the saddle that came with my Vado 5.0, I swapped it out for a Brooks B17 and now I am very happy!

Brooks do a woman's version of the B17:-

I did not get on with the saddle that came with my Vado 5.0, I swapped it out for a Brooks B17 and now I am very happy!

Brooks do a woman's version of the B17:-

Thank you for this! The reviews look great too. I may see if my Vado saddle feels better after a break-in period- if not, this will definitely be my next move!

By the way, the Vado bikes are like $1,000 off right now on the Specialized site! The time to buy is NOW!!!
If I only had my Old Home rebuilt and didn't own two Specialized e-bikes! :D

1689273627617.png

My Old Home is under the reconstruction now (post fire). This costs far more than an e-bike! @Art Deco: FYI.

You should have no drag on the back wheel. This sounds like brake drag, this can be caused by decentring of the caliper and rotor, a stuck piston or expansion of the brake fluid. As it is a new bike I would get your LBS to check it out.
So, that drag feeling disappeared. Then yesterday, I heard a quiet tick-tick-tick noise when I pedaled and today that is gone too. Maybe everything is just settling in. I am starting to fall in love with this bike- I get a high for an hour after I ride it. Feels like it totally works with me. It’s so well made! Everything feels natural. I’m really glad I didn’t get the IGH as I love the precise control- I’m shifting all the time

It's a sound advice!

Please note that by sliding the saddle backwards you seem to be in the search for more Reach. That would put your body in a more aggressive position, and part of your body weight will be shifted off the saddle more onto the bars, making the saddle more comfortable. You mentioned Specialized road bikes: Was it not that you were really leaning forward on the bars there? That explains why you felt more comfortable on road bikes.

For me, the Bridge Sport (the same saddle you have in your Vado) is the most comfortable of all of my bike seats but I did a lot to increase the Reach on my both Turbo e-bikes to ride in a sporty position that shifts my body weight off the saddle! (each of my two Spec e-bikes had too short Reach as for me).
I want to slide the saddle backward, not for my reach but because of where the bike hits my butt!

Back