Has anyone ordered and received their Breeze step-thru?

kzturtlegirl

Region
USA
I ordered two step-throughs (too short for the fancy orange Breeze ;) ) April 13th. I recognize there have been delays due to circumstances well beyond any of our control. I am finally seeing some reviews come out for these new bikes, so they must have finally started delivery. I got a coveted "your bikes have been shipped!" e-mail on July 5th, but the expected delivery date has come and gone days ago, and Fed Ex (I called) has yet to even pick up the package. Meanwhile, KBO says it must be sitting in the Fed Ex warehouse.

Yes, I am complaining on an issue that will hopefully be resolved within a week or so. It has been such a long wait, though, with no communication from them about yet another delay unless I reached out to them. To be fair, they do get back to inquiries within a few hours.

So the point of this, besides to let off nervous energy and vent a bit, is ask: Anyone get their step-through yet? For any KBO bike, how long between shipping notice email and delivery? I am in southern Nevada, about a 6-hours drive from El Monte where I was told it is being shipped from.

It's so weird how your experience is so close to mine.
I ordered a non-step-through Breeze and step-through Breeze on April 10th. I received the non-step-through on April 22nd and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Really good quality eBike and so fun to ride. I did have issues with the front fender severely rubbing against the front tire but they were very upfront about the known issue and offered to send a new fender that addresses the problem. I just fixed the issue on my own as it was an easy solve.
My wife's step-through has been an entirely different story. I too have been contacting their Customer Support email protocol and getting prompt responses, sometimes in the middle of the night. The only problem is they never answer my specific questions about where that bike is at or why I received the "coveted" email about a shipping label being created on July 5, an estimated delivery on July 10th provided but no delivery actually taking place and scripted responses that include "Please don't worry about it".
Just today, I called their 1-800 number and hung up when I got their voicemail. Then, a few hours later, I see KBO show up on my cell phone. I just about fell off my chair. The person from KBO explained that the once the shipping label has been created, FedEx is picking up the bikes 7-12 days after that so it sounds like our bikes should be picked up in the next few days for delivery. I asked if the shipping container issues happening on the coast were to blame and he said yes, that's been the reason for the delays. I know that is a huge problem for all goods flowing from the far East so it made sense.
I'm keeping my finger's crossed that we get our bikes sometime next week.

It's so weird how your experience is so close to mine.
I ordered a non-step-through Breeze and step-through Breeze on April 10th. I received the non-step-through on April 22nd and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Really good quality eBike and so fun to ride. I did have issues with the front fender severely rubbing against the front tire but they were very upfront about the known issue and offered to send a new fender that addresses the problem. I just fixed the issue on my own as it was an easy solve.
My wife's step-through has been an entirely different story. I too have been contacting their Customer Support email protocol and getting prompt responses, sometimes in the middle of the night. The only problem is they never answer my specific questions about where that bike is at or why I received the "coveted" email about a shipping label being created on July 5, an estimated delivery on July 10th provided but no delivery actually taking place and scripted responses that include "Please don't worry about it".
Just today, I called their 1-800 number and hung up when I got their voicemail. Then, a few hours later, I see KBO show up on my cell phone. I just about fell off my chair. The person from KBO explained that the once the shipping label has been created, FedEx is picking up the bikes 7-12 days after that so it sounds like our bikes should be picked up in the next few days for delivery. I asked if the shipping container issues happening on the coast were to blame and he said yes, that's been the reason for the delays. I know that is a huge problem for all goods flowing from the far East so it made sense.
I'm keeping my finger's crossed that we get our bikes sometime next week.
Thanks for the response - misery does indeed love company. You got farther than I have. The last e-mail exchange I had was on the 13th, again assuring me that FedEx actually has possession of the bikes, they are not lost, they just haven't scanned them, and the canned "Please don't worry, be patient" platitude. So, that's a different story than yours, which sounds much more plausible and reasonable. Still doesn't explain why it would take FedEx, which prides itself on quick delivery, would take 13 days to pick up a package, especially when folks are pinging their tracking number all the time and harassing their folks about where the package is (raising my hand). It sounds to me like the only thing that smells right in this story is that they are still waiting for the bikes to arrive in port, and jumped the gun on the shipping labels because they promised me in May that they would ship in early July, after chronic delays before that. To quote a friend who made a mistake while playing Clue and was the real source of misinformation, "Someone is lying!" Which angers me to no end, because I think most of us are reasonable people who will accept the truth that supplies are jacked up out there right now so things are taking longer than expected. They did, however, send me two nice helmets as an apology for the wait. But, good to hear you like the taller Breeze. All these good reviews are making me even more anxious to get on the trail!

Last edited:
Just checked FedEx tracking and our bike is now in transit, arriving Wednesday. I hope you've heard about your bikes by now as well.

Just checked FedEx tracking and our bike is now in transit, arriving Wednesday. I hope you've heard about your bikes by now as well.
Yes! The long dark teatime of the soul is near an end! They are supposed to arrive today. Sadly, I won't be able to ride them for awhile, though, as I am headed out of state of a week. You will probably have a nice review of yours before I get back. Have a great ride with your wife on her new bike!

Back