Has anyone put carbon rims on a Vado SL 5.0 EQ Step-Thru?

Most freehub bodies are only silent when tightly packed with grease :) Otherwise, they will be noisy regardless the number of pawls. Removing the freehub body requires purchasing a set of appropriate wrenches (and I am not into it).

It is the best to get used to the sound. Pedalling without stopping is even better! Once, I was on a three people road ride. Our colleague is suffering health issues so we had to ride relatively slowly but the assistance on my big Vado had been set too high; that forced me to coast for most of the ride. Upon hearing the freehub body sound, the female leader said sarcastically: 'Anyone bored here? Because I can always accelerate!' :D

If you look at a peloton, they hardly ever stop pedalling! :)

What was the verdict on the ride quality of the carbon wheelset on the Vado SL? I have this same bike and it does have an old school aluminum ride quality in the rear, that is to say it's very stiff. I put 42c tires on the bike and that helps, but if a rear carbon wheel could damp some of the harshness that would be rad. The Roval Terra SL looks like a good fit. 25mm inside rim width. The same wheelset they use on some gravel bikes.

Back