Has anyone found a bigger, better battery?

Bravesst

Love my Rize X. I have it tweaked to pretty much just what I want / need in an ebike. I don't like watching the battery meter. It will sit at full for a good five or ten miles, then start to drop - fast. So you have 7 miles or so of *grace*, and once you see 99%, you know you've lost at least 20% of actual ride time (if you want to leave a healthy amount of volts in the battery), even though it pretty much says 100%.

On my other bike (also a 48v / 750 watt system), I purchased a 52 volt battery, and got some more pep and battery life. My question is, with the Rize set up, is it possible to find another battery other than the from Rize?

I know Juiced has similar bikes, and sell a monster 52 volt battery for like $1300.

Why charging to 100%? That's bad for battery longevity. Of course if you don't care about longevity then charge away. My understanding is it's better to charge to 80% and drain close to empty than charge full and not use it. But regardless, why not monitor voltage? Easy peasy and you're not at the whim of how your display wants to report battery %. For 48v every 4 volts drop is roughly 25% battery.

Someone told me you need to charge the battery after every ride, regardless how much it was used. Example, battery at 60%, charge it again. Why?

I never heard this one before. Can anyone verify? From what I read, lithium batteries do not need to be charged after every ride, only when they hit 20% or if you are planning to go on a long ride, then charge to 100%. I plan on charging to 100% every six charges or so.

"Red (+) Black (-) spliced into 52V"
Motan A. Motor

M-70 - Edited.png

Back