Has anyone bought an Eahora electric bike ?

Zadkir

We bought 2 Eahora X5 bikes in August 2019 and were told we would get them in October. We still have not received them and wondering if anyone else has same experience. Customer service is not good and we’ve been getting the runaround and wondering if we should cancel order. Anyone has other folding Ebike they can recommend

New Seller and the website did say pre-order, so the bikes may still be on the container ship, or worst case they haven't got enough pre-orders. Always wise to buy from someone with some history, or at least with some protection like amazon. Good luck.

Can't tell you what to do, but basically the same bike that Lectric XP is selling in the States for $879USD.

looks like it can be bought on Amazon. and yeah, never heard of this brand before either. There is a ton of these white labels popping up, that are dupes of many chinese 'invented' ebike geometries that have been in existence for awhile, such as Lectric, that makes it definitely a challenge for the unsuspecting buyer to determine if its actually a viable firm with anything unique to offer or even whether they'll be around for anything longer than a year or two. Pedego's CEO, ironically states, that he thinks the vast majority of these will not be in business in a few years once the market settles out. Of course the industry biggies, like Trek, Giant, Specialized, would absolutely love to see everyone last one of these fall away, and remain the big 3 or 4, that have dominated more than 75% share of the traditional bike industry for the past 3 decades.

looks like it can be bought on Amazon. and yeah, never heard of this brand before either. There is a ton of these white labels popping up, that are dupes of many chinese 'invented' ebike geometries that have been in existence for awhile, such as Lectric, that makes it definitely a challenge for the unsuspecting buyer to determine if its actually a viable firm with anything unique to offer or even whether they'll be around for anything longer than a year or two. Pedego's CEO, ironically states, that he thinks the vast majority of these will not be in business in a few years once the market settles out. Of course the industry biggies, like Trek, Giant, Specialized, would absolutely love to see everyone last one of these fall away, and remain the big 3 or 4, that have dominated more than 75% share of the traditional bike industry for the past 3 decades.
Thanks for the feedback. It appears the US website and customer service is better than the Canadian one.

I actually came across that 3 inch tire snow bike they have and considered ordering one

ticks some boxes for me but I will try to find something higher quality and hopefully with a few more reviews

if you get yours let us know how they are

I actually came across that 3 inch tire snow bike they have and considered ordering one

ticks some boxes for me but I will try to find something higher quality and hopefully with a few more reviews

if you get yours let us know how they are
Will do ...

I purchased the Snow X6 right after EBR did a review on it. the company Eahora did answer questions within 24hrs,but then came the lunar new year so they have been on holiday and of course the health issue in china I'm sure has put a real monkey wrench in all products from China, I did have issue with the throttle was shorting out but I think I solved it, I havent rode the bike much cause of the weather ive only put on 2 miles, I know its a snow bike but I'm 70 and I want less slippery roades until I become more confident of the bike and how it handles , but it does seem very peppy it almost a carbon copy of Rattan X that is on Indigogo but the Rattan X has 500 watt motor and also theres a Rattan Xl but they havent been released as of yet. this is my 3rd electric bike I have owned since 2013

Last edited:
I have a pre order Eahora X7 plus (sold direct only) that is supposed to ship to me today. They sent me a short video (no way to attach it here) showing 200+ mostly X7's (sold direct and on Amazon) bikes that were being prepped for final delivery at the Eahora fulfillment facility in CA. The email communication by Eahora has been pretty good considering all the issues of late in China. The risk/reward calc of these Chinese bikes is a factor to be considered, but I needed/wanted a fat tire folder and that seems best bang/buck option. Hope I feel that way in a year or two ... :)

I also have 2 Rattan Folders (X and XL) on pre order with only a general time frame for delivery (2 month window) so you could say, I'm all in on these Chinese ebikes ...

Anyone has other folding Ebike they can recommend
From your comment, it sounds like you're Canadian. If you don't mind exposed batteries as opposed to hidden in-frame, there's a few options worth looking at.

If $1999 Cdn is in your budget, radpowerbikes.ca are the company that popularized the 20" fat folder, and it's my impression they have a very good reputation. They have a standard model and a step-thru model. They also seem to leverage the J-I-T market to do more customizations such as frame and custom tire widths, while others are building more from stock frames etc.

Biktrix.ca also has a good rep around here, and they have a step-thru only 20" fat folder called the Kutty for $2099.

While they're not as well known as the above two, we have two Spark Mini's at home from Spark Bikes (rebranded as rizebikes.ca because there are multiple "Spark bikes" companies out there. Like Rad Power, they have both a standard 20" Mini and 20" Bolt which is the step-thru (both $1899). My experience with customer service was responsive and supposedly still supporting their Spark-branded warranties.

These are all Canadian-based companies that also have US websites as they'll have US shipping points for the larger market.

Nearly all ebikes regardless of name including Pedego are of Chinese manufacturer. We don't make shite here anymore ...

That said, these "white label" ebikes all use essentially the same components and can be serviced by a lot of local B&M bike shops. The thousands you save on purchase might go to setup or repair but in my case, I've ridden 1400 trouble free miles on my "white label dup" and can't find fault with anything on the bike. The shipping packaging could be much better and the customer support could be better but lets hope they don't get these aspects totally together, as that would spell the end for many US based bike designers/resellers (I call them resellers as they don't make em!).

Back