Hang bike by front or rear wheel - any issues?

ama

I am about to buy my first e-bike (strongly leaning towards Focus Aventura Speed 1.0), and my company bike cage has hangers for bikes.

Given the weight (approx 50lbs), are you aware if there would be any issues in hanging the bike the rim of the front (preferably) or rear wheel for ~8 hours? Would it deform the wheel?

Thanks,
Andrea

I am about to buy my first e-bike (strongly leaning towards Focus Aventura Speed 1.0), and my company bike cage has hangers for bikes.

Given the weight (approx 50lbs), are you aware if there would be any issues in hanging the bike the rim of the front (preferably) or rear wheel for ~8 hours? Would it deform the wheel?

Thanks,
Andrea
I hang all of mine from the front wheel. About two and half years. No issue this far. I do see some flex in the long travel shock when I hang it...but no more than when I put weight on it and apply braking.

If the rim is damaged from the weight of the bike you needed a better rim anyway. I think I posted a video on this a while back.

Considering the substantial amount of stresses on your rim, spokes and hub from run-of-the-mill bumps in the road, I wouldn't worry too much about damage from hanging the bike. If you're worried about it, try removing your battery when your bike is hung up.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm..
I hit the right arrow after this video played....those are SOME HANGERS!!![/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

Ummm..
I hit the right arrow after this video played....those are SOME HANGERS!!![/QUOTE]
What do you mean?[/QUOTE]

Ok...scroll back up and watch the video. Once it finishes there is a little white arrow on either side of the screen. Click the righthand side arrow.

Well...I do like them too... does the rear tire rest on the floor at all?

I can send a screenshot of what I see...just inappropriate for the forum.

Coupled with the sentence above the video, this has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Back