Handlebar Replacement

jrhoffman75

Region
USA
Has anyone changed the riser handlebars on the Rip Current S V2(2022) for flatter style? What size bar and stem did you use?

Has anyone changed the riser handlebars on the Rip Current S V2(2022) for flatter style? What size bar and stem did you use?
I did! I'm not sure of the specs but I put on a higher rise goose neck and a lower rise handlebar 2" rise I think. I'm 6'2" and have the XL frame. The feel is much better to me, it's a little more aggressive and less crusierish. I'm 55 yrs old but can still crush it on the trails. The bike looks way cooler. I never cared for the looks of the higher rise bars on the RC. Mine is a Rip Current non S version. I love this bike, fits me better than anything I have ever owned.

I did! I'm not sure of the specs but I put on a higher rise goose neck and a lower rise handlebar 2" rise I think. I'm 6'2" and have the XL frame. The feel is much better to me, it's a little more aggressive and less crusierish. I'm 55 yrs old but can still crush it on the trails. The bike looks way cooler. I never cared for the looks of the higher rise bars on the RC. Mine is a Rip Current non S version. I love this bike, fits me better than anything I have ever owned.
Thank you for the info and your observation.

Not sure why they changed the handle bars on the 2022 model to be a higher rise bar, I thought the original ones were great and they look a lot better. I ride with the seat quite high though so I'm still deciding if it is more comfortable. I would have preferred they keep the bars and just have an adjustable stem. I'm not sure if it was cost cutting or Supply chain issues at the time, but I am disappointed that they cheapened all the drive-train components and other components. Still until I get the chance to ride it 100miles at a time and over a long period, it's hard to say if it makes a big difference. So far I'm still using the original for all my long rides, as my other non-fat tire bike needs some spokes after a 500mile trip before covid, and I have enough extra batteries now for the Ripcurrent. I'm outfitting it soon for long-range travel so I'll find out hopefully before winter, but too many other bikes to ride right now.

Back