Handle Bar Stem Riser

RJC

Just fitted an adjustable handle bar stem riser- Moscow 27.5. It's made a massive difference to the riding position. Before I felt I was having to tilt my neck back to look straight ahead as handle bars were lower. Would definitely recommend. Much more comfortable ride.
Amazon ASIN number B08CDZXRQQ. There are many others listed

Just fitted an adjustable handle bar stem riser- Moscow 27.5. It's made a massive difference to the riding position. Before I felt I was having to tilt my neck back to look straight ahead as handle bars were lower. Would definitely recommend. Much more comfortable ride.
Thanks for link, just what I'm looking for.

This ASIN number doesn't come up Amazon USA, can I get a better description please? Thank you in advance.

Sorry. it appears they have sold out of that one. If you search adjustable stem riser there are lots of similar ones listed

Yizhet Bike Adjustable Stem 31.8mm ±60°Adjustable Mountain Bike Handlebar Stem Riser 110 mm Bicycle Handlebar Extender Bike Fork Extender for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Cycling

Last edited:

Hi, no adjustment to the cables needed.Once fitted turn the handle bars fully left and right just to make sure any cables not being pulled. Mine was absolutely fine.

Hi, no adjustment to the cables needed.Once fitted turn the handle bars fully left and right just to make sure any cables not being pulled. Mine was absolutely fine.
Hi, what stem riser did you use? I have the Moscow. Thanks.

Yizhet Bike Adjustable Stem 31.8mm ±60°Adjustable Mountain Bike Handlebar Stem Riser 110 mm Bicycle Handlebar Extender Bike Fork Extender for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Cycling

Brought on Amazon. There are many different ones to choose from. The Moscow stem size was 31.8mm.

Ok. thanks. I will look it up. Alot of strain on my back and wrists when i ride. I angled up the grips and that helped a little.

Just a note that these cheap adjustable stem risers won't hold up if you're mountain biking or otherwise putting real stress on the handlebars. They're good for figuring out what size/angle stem you need, but then you should then try to buy a single, non-adjustable stem with the same length and angle and height.
An exception would be for some special high-quality units, available from companies like Ergotech or Ritchey.

I have ridden my Moscow bike a lot off road and had no problem with the stem riser in the last 1000 miles. Obviously if you want to start doing jumps, etc you may wish to look at a different type. That said i'm not sure the Moscow is the right bike if you want to do more extreme off road biking.

Thank you Mr. RJC for posting about the stem riser. I just had the YEZHET fitted on my Moscow, and it's perfect! Got it from Amazon like you said. Thanks again.

Reactions: RJC
Back