Haibike Urban Plus Battery options

Bikezee

Region
USA
Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a used Haibike urban plus for sale on craigslist without a battery. I realize reading the forums this bike was a flop model and was not properly supported. But at the price I am buying, it does not matter. It is still a good value if the motor works and I am able to use it.

Has anyone found a way to make it work with any after market battery?.

Will I still be able to use pedal assist without the COBI App, if I find a way to connect a after market battery.

What kind or size of battery might fit the urban plus battery slot?

What type of battery connectors does the motor use, any adapters I can buy to connect a after market battery?

Anyone willing to sell their old urban plus battery, it does not matter if it does not hold charge, just need it to complete the look or replace cells.

Hello, my Urban Plus just stopped working, it's not detecting the battery so I am going to be parting it out. The battery charges up perfectly and its get about 13-15 miles on fastest setting. Let me know if you are interested.

You do realize that a cheap expensive eBike on craigslist without a battery is very likely a stolen eBike. There are some cheap knockoff batteries, but you get what you pay for. The year of the Haibike will be important as Bosch started adding more software additions to thwart tinkering with components. You probably shouldn't worry about proper support since you have no intention of buying Bosch components.

Hello, my Urban Plus just stopped working, it's not detecting the battery so I am going to be parting it out. The battery charges up perfectly and its get about 13-15 miles on fastest setting. Let me know if you are interested.
I see your post today. Looks like that Haibike has had a rough life!

Let's say well loved :) It was my daily commuter for about 3 years. Awesome bike when it was working, very comfortable and the features are really sweet.

Let's say well loved :) It was my daily commuter for about 3 years. Awesome bike when it was working, very comfortable and the features are really sweet.
Thanks Windband, i wish you had it for sale few weeks earlier. I did get a 2017 Cannondale Neo which had been hardly used, at a good price. Maybe someone else will benefit from this thread.

If anyone is still interested, I have a spare Urban Plus battery up for sale. The battery was used a few times last summer since it was a spare and is an original part.

If anyone is still interested, I have a spare Urban Plus battery up for sale. The battery was used a few times last summer since it was a spare and is an original part.
Hi Khaled,

Do you still have the Urban Plus battery? I'm in Toronto and might be interested in getting a second battery as a backup and for extended rides.

Thanks

Back