Haibike AllMtn SE 2021

onlineaddy

Region
USA
City
San Diego, CA, USA
That Öhlins suspension setup is da bomb!

Haibike_AllMtn_SE_10_Years-E-MTB_First-Look-3513-1140x760.jpg

Haibike AllMtn SE 2021 [E-MOUNTAINBIKE]

It's good to see Haibike sticking with Yamaha drives. For a moment there, it seemed their direction was going towards Bosch and their in-house Flyon drive. And I'd personally rather have seen them duplicate that frame in aluminum versus plastic. I just don't know about a carbon plasticky mountain bike that is toast the minute it collides with a rock following a fall.....I mean, mtb'ers do fall or crash out on occasion, no? My dislike for carbon or other plastics on key components like frames and wheels goes back to the time when a small gust of wind blew over my old Trek 9000 mtb onto a deck-welded shackle on the USCG barge she was resting on, awaiting my afternoon ride. Took out my 350 dollar (1995 dollars) fancy Aerospoke carbon rim, shattered into a million little slivers!!

Haibike USA right now has most of everything MTB from last years lineup sold out and absolutely nothing listed as for a 2021 model anywhere on their site. Their seeming indifference is overwhelming.

Haibike USA right now has most of everything MTB from last years lineup sold out and absolutely nothing listed as for a 2021 model anywhere on their site. Their seeming indifference is overwhelming.
If you check out the Haibike site, the U.S. isn't even an available region to select from the drop-down list. I wonder if they've pulled out from North America. 🤔

Haibike USA looks gravely out of date. :(

Last edited:
If you check out the Haibike site, the U.S. isn't even an available region to select from the drop-down list. I wonder if they've pulled out from North America. 🤔
I see that, well spotted.

It's complicated....."Although owned by Accell Group, Haibike had operated somewhat distinctly from ANA, with its own office in Denver, until late last year when it was absorbed into ANA's electric bike business in California folllowing a restructuring."

So to keep score, I believe it goes like this: ANA (accell north america) is the distributor for Haibike, Raliegh, Diamondback. Thus, for us, we get Haibike USA. The rest of the world gets Haibike dot EN, which is the main company with the latest and greatest bikes. And why Haibike dot EN does not even bother to link up the USA site on their main website is just bad for business; like we all in the USA are the ugly red headed step child!

That's where the indifference out of the ANA offices comes into play. Nowhere will we find their presence on these forums, answering questions from H-Bike owners. Owners who need help reach out to their website contacts and it's a 50/50 shot they get an answer, based on what I read on this forum. I've read of that frustration many, many times here. I believe a couple years ago, the USA site was undercutting their own brick and mortar USA dealers on the price of the bikes during the Black Friday sales!

I believe their brand rep took a big hit when the original CEO and driver of the E-Performance message, Susanne Puello, was forced out and afterwards, H-Bike was taken over by Accel after years of being under the Winora ownership banner. Terrific brand of bike that has been allowed to wither away on the vine due to corporate indifference.

Well, as a 4 year Haibike owner, that's my personal take on the situation! :)

Back