Had the best...now on foot like the rest

How can we prevent something this expensive from being stolen from us. Do we make a key start?

• theft proof lock

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • arrest more bike theives

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Godblessyou

Region
USA
Dear friends and E-Bikers,
I had the best, bought with funds from Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, a 2022 Specialized LEVO Carbon Pro full-suspension electric mountainbike. But happiness was short-lived as it was stolen from me last September. I registered it on 14. JULY 2022 with Bike Index and 529 Garage. I posted alerts as to it being Stolen on both registries.
I've attempted to attach a photo, and would ask if anyone sees this e-bike, Serial No. WSBC004493727S on an orange or copper colored Specialized LEVO Carbon Pro electric mountain-bike please post any information on this site to me. I'moffering a $500 REWARD for information leading to the recovery of my bike. Thank You. /s/ Tracey S..

Attachments

• BMT28450_PH_29_2048x2048.jpg
    BMT28450_PH_29_2048x2048.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 115
What were the circumstances? It is hard to get to motive. Jealously? Parts? Do not buy a bike that has been repainted or one that you do not know the provenance of. Do not buy used parts unless from a reputable person who did a upgrade of something like their fork. This is how we stop it. Some nut cases just want to be kill joys out of spite.

Sorry to hear that, my wife had a bike stolen a few years ago and it was a much worse feeling than we expected it would be. Real hard problem to solve for sure. Is that something that can be claimed on an insurance claim for homeowners or renters insurance?

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

In addition to the above, the only advice I can offer is to keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay for anything that looks like it might be your bike.

Good luck with your recovery efforts.

Back