Hack to increase 20MPH to 28MPH???

ramg1967

Just received the bike today. Took for a test drive and it was wonderful. Max speed was 20MPH. Any hack to change the speed to 28MPH? Appreciate your help.

Also looking for help in getting a GPS for the bike to protect from thieves? Any thoughts???

Thanks

Ram

After changing P08=45, P11=1 & P12=5, I was able to reach speed of 43 kms with full throttle and pedalling. Quite happy with the speed. I also tested cruise control and it did work as well. I am very happy with the bike. Now time to look for more videos and get other add-on to the bike to make it more efficient for daily commute to work. I am also going to get GPS tracker for safety and peace of mind.

Does anyone know if you make the PO8 speed hack on the XP whether or not your warranty is still valid?

After changing P08=45, P11=1 & P12=5, I was able to reach a speed of 43 km with full throttle and pedaling. Quite happy with the speed. I also tested cruise control and it did work as well. I am very happy with the bike. Now time to look for more videos and get other add-ons to the bike to make it more efficient for daily commute to work. I am also going to get a GPS tracker for safety and peace of mind.

Congrats... welcome the unlocked world. 😉

Does anyone know if you make the PO8 speed hack on the XP whether or not your warranty is still valid?
Its not a hack. And no it doesn't affect the warranty. Its shipped that way as as a Class 2 ebike initially with the option by the owner to change it to Class 3 and to change the decal on the bike...ya right..lol

There are some gps trackers on Amazon. I think one is called Traki. The ones I saw all require a per month charge.

You have to pedal to reach top speed of 43kms or 28mph. Just throttle won't cut it.

I know how it's designed, we get that. That's why I used the word "unlock". The bike is capable of 28mph and the throttle clearly has a "shut off" at 20mph. I would put money on the fact that a person could disable that shutoff.

I know how it's designed, we get that. That's why I used the word "unlock". The bike is capable of 28mph and the throttle clearly has a "shut off" at 20mph. I would put money on the fact that a person could disable that shutoff.

Yeah I was wondering that myself, I was reading along with a few other ebike brands like the Rad Rover and they figured out how to do it by disabling a white wire.

Right . I hit 25mph without pedaling and 29mph pedaling hard , top gear 7.

I'm curious about your setup to see if I can higher throttle only speeds as well.
  1. When did you get your Lectric XP (earlier versions have more firmware settings unlocked)?
  2. How much do you weigh (I'm 210 lbs so potentially more weight to move)
  3. What are your P settings?
Thanks in advance for your information!

I'm curious about your setup to see if I can higher throttle only speeds as well.
  1. When did you get your Lectric XP (earlier versions have more firmware settings unlocked)?
  2. How much do you weigh (I'm 210 lbs so potentially more weight to move)
  3. What are your P settings?
Thanks in advance for your information!

I weigh 180lbs and have no trouble hitting 28mph . Top gear 7 and P-5 , of course . I also noticed that even downhill it will not go over about 29mph max (still have never seen 30mph .)

I want to add to something I realized riding today , after hitting 28mph a "governor" or cut-off kicks-in to keep it from accelerating more . You can feel it cut in . I think theres probably a code to unleash more power....How much more ??

When the Lectrics were first coming out they advertisted them to go around 35mph if I remember correctly, but I am sure they limited it due to legal/safety reasons.

I am still waiting for someone who knows more about electronics and wiring more than I do to 'hack' the Lectric XP

Back