Great Canadian Musicians

What about Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush? That was some serious rock & roll that never achieved much fame in the USA. Frank was often compared to Hendrix in the 70's and is/was highly regarded by greats such as Joe Bonamassa and Johnny Winter.

If you are over the age of 55 and have never listened to Mahogany Rush live... do yourself a favor and go to YouTube and get some!

Reactions: MMC
Ok, so if we are going to go Canadian, can you exclude Tragically Hip? As a huge fan of your country and BNL, according to some of your rock people, TH are the Shi*...

I can't believe nobody mentioned Leonard Cohen!

Well as a lurking American, he is in my boat the greatest Canadian songwriter, but the question was rock band. I get a tad emotional when I listen to Page sing Hallelujah at Jack Layton's funeral.

And once again, of all the good rock and roll things that have ever happened to Canada, the Barenaked Ladies are in the top 1

And some are saying we get rid of off topic? I love my Ebikiing, but I also love my visits with our great EBR members. Have you all paid your dues?

How about, in the interest in unity a Canadian American group called: The Band?
Probably to this day one of my favorite bands of all time. The Last Waltz (directed by Scorcese) may be the greatest rockumentary ever and the guest list was pretty solid...

How about, in the interest in unity a Canadian American group called: The Band?
If we want to talk interesting cross-border bands, then we absolutely cannot ignore Heart. Ann Wilson did drag the band to Canada in 72 to follow her husband who was draft dodging at the time, and they actually did launch their first wave of massive hits from Vancouver. And Crazy on You and Barracuda are always present on any reputable 'Top rock songs of all time' list. ;-)

Back