Good Stuff You Bought

1664249884663.png

(...)But hot sauces bring more than just heat to the table. In particular, vinegar plays a huge role, adding a bracing element that makes a hot sauce seem more forceful and incisive on the tongue. Hot sauces with a lot of salt also seem extra assertive at first, though this sensation vanishes after a few seconds.
It’s also important to understand that hot sauces are not all the same. For example, Louisiana-style hot sauce brands, such as Tabasco and Crystal, feature few ingredients and loads of vinegar, while Mexican-style hot sauces, for example Tapatio and Valentina, are usually hotter, thicker and often have a number of spices mixed in. And then there’s Sriracha, which is in a class by itself. (...)

Frank's has a permanent spot in my fridge - usually buried in the back behind a bunch of jams.

I was back east too early this year to pick up any fresh apple butter(nothing tastes more like home) , but I did bring back some FROG jam from the local shop. Good stuff, I bought it.

FROG=Fig, Raspberry, Orange peel, Ginger
PXL_20220927_024835895.jpg

Frank's has a permanent spot in my fridge - usually buried in the back behind a bunch of jams.

I was back east too early this year to pick up any fresh apple butter(nothing tastes more like home) , but I did bring back some FROG jam from the local shop. Good stuff, I bought it.

FROG=Fig, Raspberry, Orange peel, Ginger
View attachment 136522M
Marmalade with figs and raspberries, kinda,?

It’s also important to understand that hot sauces are not all the same.
Oh boy. You think to hard… Even hot sauces can be contentious…
I HATE the f'ing Sriracha!
suddenly the supply stream has dried up. Their garlic pepper sauce often cslled “cock sauce” is scrumptious. Sriracha is a type, its the type you hate? The closest i come to hating a hot sauce are the habanero based sauces or the extremely high scovil sauces intended to 🔥 not flavor. I prefer pickled jalapeños over pickled cucumbers. Currently pickling a batch of Szechuan style pickled jalapeños.

Top of the food pyramid!
B294BC2C-C319-482E-977F-7C4FE50E4798.jpeg

Last edited:
suddenly the supply stream has dried up. Their garlic pepper sauce often cslled “cock sauce” is scrumptious. Sriracha is a type, its the type you hate? The closest i come to hating a hot sauce are the habanero based sauces or the extremely high scovil sauces intended to 🔥 not flavor. I prefer pickled jalapeños over pickled cucumbers. Currently pickling a batch of Szechuan style pickled jalapeños.

Top of the food pyramid!
View attachment 136550
Huy Fong "temporarily" stopped production
One item that might be increasingly hard to find is Huy Fong Foods Sriracha sauce, everyone's go-to green-capped hot sauce. The internet recently discovered a letter from Huy Fong Foods, Inc, the manufacturer of Sriracha, that warned of an impending shortage of not only Sriracha, but also its Chili Garlic and Sambal Oelek sauces. In the letter, which was posted on the website for wholesale food service distributor IFD, Huy Fong wrote that it had been experiencing "a shortage of chili pepper inventory" since July 2020.

The situation seems to have only gotten worse since then; due to adverse weather conditions affecting its pepper crops, the California-based company says that it is now facing "a more severe shortage of chili [peppers]." As a result, it warned that it is unable to produce those three sauces, and it suggested that its wholesale clients should not promise deliveries of Sriracha or its spicy siblings to any of their customers. "We understand that this may cause issues," the company wrote. "However, during this time we will not accept any new orders to be placed before September as we will not have enough inventory to fulfill your order."

Sambal Oelek, holy communion!
Thanks! I was about to finally look for an explanation .
Welcome! I've have some real heat for a couple of years, crushed Scotch Bonnet flakes from St. Kitts. It seems the company is out of business. You hardly ever had to buy more :)

Last edited:
Welcome! I've have some real heat for a couple of years, crushed Scotch Bonnet flakes from St. Kitts. It seems the company is out of business. You hardly ever had to buy more :)
I lived on St Croix. We had a hot sauce from Kitts thaf was NUCLEAR. Drops in a batch of beans
and rice. More was certain destruction of taste buds. Flavor first.

Last edited:
Back