Good choice on ebike...buying today need advice please

JBEAST12

I have been researching for quite some time and decided on this bike..it seems to be everything im looking for but would like some advice. It says 1000w bafang, but how can i be sure its actually 1000w when i go look today?..also cant figure out exactly what brand bike it is..How would i replace battery if i cant figure out what brand? Im going to try to add photos so everyone can have a look. I would like opinions on the bike, people here should have some great info that i cant find on my own. The owner speaks broken English and i have a hard time communicating with him on these questions. Im suppost to pick bike up later today..thanks for any help..i hope to get the bike and hope to have some good conversation with you guys in the future..thanks so much jon

Attachments

• 20200220_001856.jpg
    20200220_001856.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 20200220_001941.jpg
    20200220_001941.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 392
  • 20200220_001825.jpg
    20200220_001825.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 20200220_001842.jpg
    20200220_001842.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 366
  • 20200220_001856.jpg
    20200220_001856.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 20200220_001746.jpg
    20200220_001746.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 20200220_001809.jpg
    20200220_001809.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 366
It says 1000w bafang, but how can i be sure its actually 1000w when i go look today?...How would i replace battery if i cant figure out what brand?

Google Bafang Ultra Manual and you find this pdf, you might want to familiarise yourself with how to operate the control pad before your test ride so you can cycle through to display the Power View which should list the values set for the current, voltage, etc.

The battery looks like a generic reention downtube design, so while there are different models and you might be able to get one from a vendor on AliBaba, if you don't want to risk ordering the wrong pack you should be able to get it recelled provided the BMS is still good.

Google Bafang Ultra Manual and you find this pdf, you might want to familiarise yourself with how to operate the control pad before your test ride so you can cycle through to display the Power View which should list the values set for the current, voltage, etc.

The battery looks like a generic reention downtube design, so while there are different models and you might be able to get one from a vendor on AliBaba, if you don't want to risk ordering the wrong pack you should be able to get it recelled provided the BMS is still good.

Thanks for the info..yeah i did some research on the display. I was thinking when i test ride it..the display will show watts beside the speed correct? Current and voltage i dont totally understand..

Thanks for the info..yeah i did some research on the display. I was thinking when i test ride it..the display will show watts beside the speed correct? Current and voltage i dont totally understand..

Also whats your opinion of the value of the bike? If you dont mind. Just trying to feel confident with purchase..

Yes it looks like watts are displayed. Current setting in amps would help you calculate peak power eg 25a X 52v=1,300w, a 48v would deliver 1,200w, etc

value? M2S sell a FS Bafang ultra bike for $1700 so below that I’d guess https://shop.m2sbikes.com/collections/all-terrain-electric-bike-series/products/all-terrain-fs-max

If you can’t get basic info from the owner, I’d stay away. I know my eBikes inside out. If he can’t explain how the battery was cared for, again I’d pass. It’s going to be up to you for all electrical troubleshooting and repair since it’s a generic bike. A good price ain’t a good price if it’s sitting in your garage, broken.

Good advice from Rich, if you’re buying this used, take off the cost of a replacement battery.

1400 is what he wants...thanks guys..its quite a drive...i guess i will go checknit out ..hopefully he can explain things better in person

Yeah craigslist..after researching i felt it was a good price especially with full suspension..yea the m2s website seems a little misleading..not sure how to tell if the bike is stolen..thanks for the help

Yeah craigslist..after researching i felt it was a good price especially with full suspension..yea the m2s website seems a little misleading..not sure how to tell if the bike is stolen..thanks for the help
My Trek Supercommuter was stolen off the back of my car. Not having the battery key is a dead giveaway, and you can also check with a dealer. I listed mine as stolen so if it goes to a shop it theoretically would be picked up. So be careful.

Flip it upside down and find the frame number on the bottom bracket, type it into https://bikeindex.org/bikes?stolenness=all
Also does the seller have the battery key?

Not sure about key..i dont even know if it takes a key..but he does have charge...yeah i will def check vin out...
My Trek Supercommuter was stolen off the back of my car. Not having the battery key is a dead giveaway, and you can also check with a dealer. I listed mine as stolen so if it goes to a shop it theoretically would be picked up. So be careful.

Crazy...people are pathetic sometimes..so obviously people can use bike without key?

Not sure about key..i dont even know if it takes a key..but he does have charge...yeah i will def check vin out...

Crazy...people are pathetic sometimes..so obviously people can use bike without key?
Key just locks the battery in place. You can charge it on the bike, but you can never replace the battery, or take it inside. If you go to re-key it, I am sure the dealer will check to see if it is stolen.

lmao! 1400 i would be all over that test ride! the bike looks killer,its full suspension, it has an Ultra which can take a beating so even if the owner was a lil squirrely motor should be good,it has a Reention Dorado battery so its an easy replacement! imo its totally worth checking out,you wont find anything that will touch that for 1400.

How can you tell from picts its the 1000w ?

Loot at the motor. It has a red bafang label in the middle of the casing. Looks nothing like the 350W Bafang Max motor:

1400 is fair for a used bike assuming the battery has 50% life left. You could probably buy a similar bike new for 500 more if you wanted to roll the dice buying on alibaba:

As far as stolen, lack of charger might also be a dead giveaway, although could be stolen from inside a garage or house. Good luck. Looks like a decent buy.

lmao! 1400 i would be all over that test ride! the bike looks killer,its full suspension, it has an Ultra which can take a beating so even if the owner was a lil squirrely motor should be good,it has a Reention Dorado battery so its an easy replacement! imo its totally worth checking out,you wont find anything that will touch that for 1400.

Thanks man...made me feel much better about the bike..you dont own it do you😁

Back