global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
A horrible mess transpiring in Louisiana. This you tube channel has the best coverage bar none:

Last edited:
Worldwide censorship of doctors and scientists who were saying things that were outside of official narratives. The WHO lied about having knowledge of human to human transmission. Canada's Dr Tam kept denying it even after the WHO stopped denying it. She's all about instructing couples to do doggy style and use glory holes in order to avoid contracting the virus.
She has served as an international expert on a number of World Health Organization (WHO) committees and international missions, including the first WHO Influenza Pandemic Task Force. She has also served as a WHO consultant on multiple international missions related to influenza and Polio eradication in Bangladesh
The experts seem to all have advised against banning flights from China while they banned us from visiting family.... they continued to allow Chinese from China in .. if they had family here.

the preponderance of internet-based information sources (not “news” necessarily) plays to human preferences, where they can seek out the information they already pre-agree with.

very few humans seem to practice any form of critical thinking these days, congregating online with people who you agree with (whether it’s a newsy site, or fb/ig/tw/reddit, or some blog or opinion site) is the new way people validate their own opinions (or latch onto the opinions of others that they agree with)….

my perception is that not only has it become easier than ever to locate and cocreate with like minded individuals your own theories to broadcast to the world (ironically as i am doing right here) but there’s also a dramatic shortage of effort people put into their own theories, hard research even fact checking is typically avoided a) because it could present a different reality than one really wants to believe (i want to believe what i want to believe) and b) vast majority of people are too lazy to fact check, or fully understand opposing views, because it’s so easy to simply find cohorts who 100% agree with you (it’s easier to surround yourself with yes men and demonize the opposition)

this effect has probably been magnified and accelerated over generations by a shift to indoctrination and the selling of ideas in public education over the teaching of critical thinking skill sets…. the lack of real education (giving someone the tools to work out a problem all by themselves) inspires people to acquire their own thoughts from others who they see as influencers (i’m inspired by so and so and therefore what they say, i believe) and that combined with a lot of recent social trends of virtue signaling, cancelling, politicization, polarism, etc. will,probably end up destroying us eventually.

I agree that the public health messaging on this pandemic has been piss-poor, for quite a few reasons. It is doubtful you can blame any one person (e.g. Anthony Fauci) for that failure.
but who claims that only one person can be blamed? how does that come into this? there are many that need to be investigated.

It´s possible that something worse could be on the way; covid by comparison is a paper cut in light
of something like pneumonic plague which had a 60 to 100% mortality rate during the Hundred Years War.
It´s a wake-up call for better preparedness. A person could dine with family & be dead by dawn. The denser
the population in a given area, the more contagious disease becomes. The U.S. population has become
80% urban. That in itself is a disaster waiting to happen.

…The denser
the population in a given area, the more contagious disease becomes. The U.S. population has become
80% urban. That in itself is a disaster waiting to happen.
this is not true. what is true is that an individual’s contact rate drives disease spread - obviously if you don’t contact anyone, you can’t spread the disease. population density (within the limits of the western world) is a very poor proxy for contact rate, and not all contact is created equal. if everyone in a small town gets together in a restaurant on a cold winter night with the doors and window closed, they’re all getting what anyone has, while a hundred thousand people can pass each other on the sidewalk and not spread a thing.

this is pretty well borne out by what happened after covid’s first wave. the highest case rates have been in north dakota, tennesse, florida, arkansas, lousisiana, mississippi, utah, alabama … none of the states with the densest cities in the country. ultra-dense cities in asia haven’t had huge outbreaks. politics and personal behavior are far more important than population density once the actual mechanism of spread is understood.

if we want to get away from destroying natural habitat and using gobs of energy to get around and heat/cool enormous houses, higher density is a must. and it likely won’t make us more vulnerable to disease:

B2EABE89-32CF-4632-84EC-949724BD6B8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not true. what is true is that an individual’s contact rate drives disease spread - obviously if you don’t contact anyone, you can’t spread the disease. population density (within the limits of the western world) is a very poor proxy for contact rate, and not all contact is created equal. if everyone in a small town gets together in a restaurant on a cold winter night with the doors and window closed, they’re all getting what anyone has, while a hundred thousand people can pass each other on the sidewalk and not spread a thing.

this is pretty well borne out by what happened after covid’s first wave. the highest case rates have been in north dakota, tennesse, florida, arkansas, lousisiana, mississippi, utah, alabama … none of the states with the densest cities in the country. ultra-dense cities in asia haven’t had huge outbreaks. politics and personal behavior are far more important than population density once the actual mechanism of spread is understood.

if we want to get away from destroying natural habitat and using gobs of energy to get around and heat/cool enormous houses, higher density is a must. and it likely won’t make us more vulnerable to disease:

View attachment 98378
I´ll rephrase it then; the disease may not be clinically more contagious, but the likelihood of exposure
increases where many are gathered in one place. More people, more cases. You site places largely
rural areas, but don´t try to tell there are more cases in the Everglades than in Miami. Where do you think the
rurals cases arrived from? Your squiggly colored lines are meaningless. Subway workers in NYC
fell like dominoes because they were massively exposed. I´ll grant that ignorance is a major factor in
places like Mississippi, Tennessee. & Arkansas, or wherever education is a political liability. It started
from urban areas & progressed from there, & thatś where the most victims have occurred.

I´ll rephrase it then; the disease may not be clinically more contagious, but the likelihood of exposure
increases where many are gathered in one place. More people, more cases. You site places largely
rural areas, but don´t try to tell there are more cases in the Everglades than in Miami. Where do you think the
rurals cases arrived from? Your squiggly colored lines are meaningless. Subway workers in NYC
fell like dominoes because they were massively exposed. I´ll grant that ignorance is a major factor in
places like Mississippi, Tennessee. & Arkansas, or wherever education is a political liability. It started
from urban areas & progressed from there, & thatś where the most victims have occurred.
well, of course not. nobody or nearly nobody lives in the Everglades. but take a look at case rates per capita of Miami vs. rural counties in florida, or Bismarck vs other counties in South Dakota, or Sioux Falls vs other counties in North Dakota. the rural places have very similar case rates.… and it ain’t like those cities are full of people waiting for the federal government to jab them in the arm!

Urbanization has become the bane of liberty in this country. Banks & corporations have gobbled up
most of the habitable land mass, corralling folks into town & dependency. Thomas Jefferson said:
¨I fear that banking institutions are a greater threat to our liberty than any standing army.¨ No truer
words ever spoken.
Nothing drives global warming or disease better that big cities.

Last edited:
eh. lots of pros and cons to urbanization. individuals need to make their own decisions on the lifestyle they want.

well, of course not. nobody or nearly nobody lives in the Everglades. but take a look at case rates per capita of Miami vs. rural counties in florida, or Bismarck vs other counties in South Dakota, or Sioux Falls vs other counties in North Dakota. the rural places have very similar case rates.… and it ain’t like those cities are full of people waiting for the federal government to jab them in the arm!
Okay, let´s do that! you show the ¨actual¨ case numbers from those rural counties beside the urban case numbers.
By all means please do so. Say in a county with 5 people, 1 case would be 20%....per capita. There´s always a
way to lie with statistics. The last 18 months is a glaring example if you missed it. Put another way, in a city of
200,000, 2000 cases would be 1% per capita.

Last edited:
Okay, let´s do that! you show the ¨actual¨ case numbers from those rural counties beside the urban case numbers.
By all means please do so. Say in a county with 5 people, 1 case would be 20%....per capita. There´s always a
way to lie with statistics. The last 18 months is a glaring example if you missed it. Put another way, in a city of
200,000, 2000 cases would be 1% per capita.
heh, well i assumed we’re talking about cases per capita. total number isn’t a meaningful statistic, is it? we each only have one life to live.

Ahhh an Asshat that rolls coal on cyclist make you more of a man got it. crack a civics book and stop reading facebook / qanon
View attachment 98386
Again You ASSume .. Never been on Facebook or Ganon or whomever You are referencing. Closest Social media I get is this Ebike site and a couple car sites..
Seems you again PROJECT like its truth or to dismiss someone.. Seems you are trying to belittle someone online? AS you had nothing to add to the topic? Post count?

And another outs himself... Darn they are falling fast lol.....I was actually joking about the car part.. Sensitive are we much?

Nothing drives global warming or disease better that big cities.

setting aside the part about banks owning all the habitable land (we all know that's not true), the truth is that SUBURBS are what drives global warming the most.

carbon footprints are consistently lower in core urban cities, and higher in suburbs. here's a good paper on the subject: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es4034364

One thing I have found to be a constant in any research.. Whether it is Science, political or what not... Most of the Conclusions usually agree with whomever wrote the checks.

As they say. Follow the money.. Seems to ring truer by the day as I get older..

heh, well i assumed we’re talking about cases per capita. total number isn’t a meaningful statistic, is it? we each only have one life to live.
I do believe that ´per capita´ is the term you used in your comparison, but yes it is in no way meaningful.
setting aside the part about banks owning all the habitable land (we all know that's not true), the truth is that SUBURBS are what drives global warming the most.

carbon footprints are consistently lower in core urban cities, and higher in suburbs. here's a good paper on the subject: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es4034364
Ah, but suburbia depends on a lot of fuel to drive to work in the city so to pay the mortgages on their homes
& the insurance on their cars. Fact: some commuters spend as much or more than $10K each year getting
to & from work. Again I must refer to the U.S. Drought Monitor Map which plainly shows the impact of the
I-5 corridor on climate. Yes, cities do drive that impact! The suburbs are part of the Urban metro area so
letś not split hairs.

Ah, but suburbia depends on a lot of fuel to drive to work in the city so to pay the mortgages on their homes
& the insurance on their cars. Fact: some commuters spend as much or more than $10K each year getting
to & from work...

agree completely. it's an unsustainable way of life, driven by people's desire to have a too-big house too-far-away from their jobs, shopping, friends, family, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back