global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
But here is my Convoy (saving the planet).

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of that will be full of flowers next spring. I just need to replant grass seed in the miles of dozer scars and take out some of the worst-damaged trees (mostly so they won't fall down on something important) and it will be good. Cleaning up the burnt outbuildings and some damage around the house will take more effort.

My point is still that it is easy to talk about 'adaptation' but not have any clue about how much that is going to suck for the folks doing the adapting. And to be blunt I got off lightly.
Yup, somehow I don´t see things getting easier much. Maybe if we all made a greater commitment. Easier
said than done.

“Wow…kinda taken (a)back.” I like it and could use it myself someday, right now I’m sticking with “Good heavens officer, there must be some mistake”

Bullshit. There's absolutely no science to support your nutty anecdotal blather. An animal wormer untested is safer than a now approved inoculation? Seriously? Your kids? And you support them using an animal wormer? Seriously? I should feel guilty for calling out this EVIL misinformation?
Actually, Ivermectin is prescribed to humans all the time here in Japan. As a dewormer. That’s one of the downsides to sushi and sashimi. I eat a lot of fish, but personally now I use gods own dewormer - papaya seeds. It works great for worms I guess because I haven’t had any.

And yes, as per the article the man has quoted, The head of the Tokyo Medical Association is suggesting we should be doing a very large scale trial with Ivermectin. He basically wants millions of people in Japan to do a trial. Because this is a drug many people take anyway. I’ll gladly participate.

New Hampshire?
Do you have Boston Dynamics SPOT?
A team of dogs check your temperature?
I live in Tokyo (東京) . Live Free or Die - it’s not only the New Hampshire state motto, it originated from usage during the Revolutionary War in America. That was probably borrowed from the French Revolution “Vivre Libre ou Mourir” . In Japanese it’s “マッカーサーが私たちの憲法に書いたものです” (“It ’s what MacArthur wrote in our constitution.”).

smallpox outbreaks
While a fictional work but the story line is historically accurate. See The Indian Doctor on PBS. Season 2 episode 4. Nearly identical parallels. History IS repeating itself. Except that the modern internets have offered support for goofy theories and paranoid conspiracies. unparalleled at any time in the past.

During some smallpox outbreaks in the 1800s, police rounded up people and strapped them down so they could get the injection.

Nearly all states have laws on the books that give state or local public health officers enormous discretion to lock people up if they are spreading a deadly disease. We lock people up all the time if they have an active tuberculosis infection, refuse medication, and refuse to wear a mask. At least in (liberal) Washington state the public health people have to get a judge to order the medication administered, but in most states there isn't even that requirement.
Well, I guess there’s going to be a lot of uncivil people hahahaha!

Smallpox and the Anti-vaccination Leagues in the United States​

Toward the end of the 19th century, smallpox outbreaks in the United States led to vaccine campaigns and related anti-vaccine activity. The Anti Vaccination Society of America was founded in 1879, following a visit to America by leading British anti-vaccinationist William Tebb. Two other leagues, the New England Anti Compulsory Vaccination League (1882) and the Anti-vaccination League of New York City (1885) followed. The American anti-vaccinationists waged court battles to repeal vaccination laws in several states including California, Illinois, and Wisconsin.[2]

In 1902, following a smallpox outbreak, the board of health of the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts, mandated all city residents to be vaccinated against smallpox. City resident Henning Jacobson refused vaccination on the grounds that the law violated his right to care for his own body how he knew best. In turn, the city filed criminal charges against him. After losing his court battle locally, Jacobson appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court. In 1905 the Court found in the state’s favor, ruling that the state could enact compulsory laws to protect the public in the event of a communicable disease. This was the first U.S. Supreme Court case concerning the power of states in public health law. [6],[7]

In 1902, following a smallpox outbreak, the board of health of the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts, mandated all city residents to be vaccinated against smallpox. City resident Henning Jacobson refused vaccination on the grounds that the law violated his right to care for his own body how he knew best. In turn, the city filed criminal charges against him. After losing his court battle locally, Jacobson appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court. In 1905 the Court found in the state’s favor, ruling that the state could enact compulsory laws to protect the public in the event of a communicable disease. This was the first U.S. Supreme Court case concerning the power of states in public health law. [6],[7]
That’ll be repeated in front of an entirely different Supreme Court however. And I bet the Henning Jacobsons of 1902 didn’t have a stockroom of ammo and M-4 carbines either. 😁

Okay, that´s very cynical sarcasm, but it´s also true. I sometimes wonder if the ´covid experience´
has killed as many as those who actually had the disease? Has what we´ve saved been worth what
we´ve gone thru? 95% of fatalities have been 50+, of that 80% were 65+. I fall in the later age group.
Now with ´Delta´, a seemingly appropriate name, kids are getting sick, but the death toll in view of
all those cases has remained almost static. The media continues it´s daily bludgeoning with vax, but in
18 months not one mention of a cure. Seems to me an actual cure would be nice! We get a new
vaccine every damn year. Some people get it, some don´t. Some die, some don´t. Annually about
.89 of 1% die from all causes. As we boomers age the number of seniors has greatly increased, & so
objectively would the number of deaths. If...we do not vigorously address climate change. covid
will become seemly insignifigant.
So,....who has taken that good long look a the current U.S. Drought Monitor map?
That dark red monster devouring the west in arising in a very obvious way; look closely.
It´s body now hovers over the I-5 corridor Mex. to Can., protruding along I-70. some of I-25
with an eggplant over L.V., Phoenix & also some northern cities. It could not be any plainer
what is creating this drought!!!

Interestingly the same people that think human induced climate change is a hoax also think the vaccines are meritless. While none of us can be 100% confident I think most of the science is clearly on the side that we are impacting the climate and that the best covid defense we have right now is the vaccines and protocols.
A cure would also be useful.

Interestingly the same people that think human induced climate change is a hoax also think the vaccines are meritless. While none of us can be 100% confident I think most of the science is clearly on the side that we are impacting the climate and that the best covid defense we have right now is the vaccines and protocols.
There is a big difference between what you claimed, which is obviously correct ( we are impacting the climate), and what the activists claim to know, and what the activists claim needs to be done.
And the science has been corrupted. Nobody cares about the corruption.

I would guess that that is because when people discover their authorities have been systematically and in concert, lying to them, some tend to go too far in rejecting the whole content.
Of course, then you have the others who attempt to deny or downplay the lies as insignificant or "for the good".

... Ok one more... about every 500 years or so we have a heating and or cooling cycle ... We are headed into a cooling cycle ..Its happened for thousands of years...maybe millions depending which tree you talk to..
You hit on a funny item... there is one single tree that is the most influential tree in the world for climate science... many many millions of times more than any ordinary tree. It was cherry-picked but it isn't a cherry tree.

Until the schools required vaccinations to attend classes the most hesitant group by age were 18 to 25 years of age. That same group are the biggest supporters of climate change science.

Age 18 to 25 vaccinations are still low.

Until the schools required vaccinations to attend classes the most hesitant group by age were 18 to 25 years of age. That same group are the biggest supporters of climate change science.

Age 18 to 25 vaccinations are still low.
I think that is because they are aware of the lies they have been told by authorities. With covid we had way too many doctors and top scientists in their fields and other trained people that began to speak up.
With climate change, there were few who could speak out and they were effectively censored and smeared and the journals controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back