Giant quick e newby

Right on. Glad to hear it. If they are the stock wheels, I’ve been assured from a giant rep that they are indeed tubeless ready, have almost 3000 miles on them and no issues. Even though every bike tech that’s looked at them as told me they aren’t tubeless. Pain in the butt, but the results don’t lie.

do you have a link to Something that says the rims are tubeless ready? Just do t want to mess up my bike. :)

I don’t see TR anywhere, but the website does say giant ex 2 “tubeless ready”. I’ll have To poke around more in the internet. Thanks for the info!

Hmmm I may have to take it to a higher end bike shop for an accurate answer.
Even bike shops that sell giant have told me they aren’t tubeless, but like I said, I’ve been running tubeless from day one and they’re great. Just make sure the tape is good and maybe switch the valves out for something that sits more flush with the rim. I used a Stan’s valve, I’ll see if I can find the model. If you break down the tire you will see a small lip that’s for tubeless, it’s just not manufactured with the sticker on the outside that says tubeless.

Even bike shops that sell giant have told me they aren’t tubeless, but like I said, I’ve been running tubeless from day one and they’re great. Just make sure the tape is good and maybe switch the valves out for something that sits more flush with the rim. I used a Stan’s valve, I’ll see if I can find the model. If you break down the tire you will see a small lip that’s for tubeless, it’s just not manufactured with the sticker on the outside that says tubeless.
You should make an instructional video and make YouTube $$$ :)

do you have a link to Something that says the rims are tubeless ready? Just do t want to mess up my bike. :)
I mentioned to my Bicycle Warehouse guy that they are, in fact, tubeless, he scrambled to look up the details since there are a major Giant retailer. Didn’t wanna be a know it all but still.

I’m running maxxis re-fuse tires tubeless. Seated with a floor pump, stay seated when letting all air out. I’ve had plenty of tubeless rims that were worse. Been running MTB tubeless since the stan’s strip and gorilla tape days. Any rim with a sufficiently tight fit is safe to run without tubes, “tubeless ready” rims just make things easier.

@Hbomb - I ended up using the SKS Anywhere mount. I have a small Quick E frame and had the same problem. One will mount under the front derailleur mount and the other one above. My bottle cage fits as low as it will go that way. I can't fit a large bottle but the 20 oz ones fit well with a side load cage

@Hbomb - I ended up using the SKS Anywhere mount. I have a small Quick E frame and had the same problem. One will mount under the front derailleur mount and the other one above. My bottle cage fits as low as it will go that way. I can't fit a large bottle but the 20 oz ones fit well with a side load cage
I did purchase this exact one and mounted it on the underside of the top tube. Works good. Still wish there was a spot to strap my pump also. But I guess this bike having a giant battery (pun) you have to make a few sacrifices. :) the sks has a side loading cage also? I should look into that one also.

I bought a Mik deck for the rear rack that makes TONS of difference in being able to put on cargo (grocery basket and pannier etc)

sorry about the poor lighting.

Attachments

• D37C2BF4-ADB0-4475-972E-25BFB4559A2B.jpeg
    D37C2BF4-ADB0-4475-972E-25BFB4559A2B.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 5142DE5A-E5E6-4F6F-AFF9-B25CE2788839.jpeg
    5142DE5A-E5E6-4F6F-AFF9-B25CE2788839.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 2D00CE4C-ACA8-4A3B-83B4-6BF801846B72.jpeg
    2D00CE4C-ACA8-4A3B-83B4-6BF801846B72.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 384
@Hbomb - I bought this for my pump - Wolf Tooth Pump Bag. It mounts multiple ways and works with the Wolf Tooth B-RAD system. I have mine mounted on my top bar tucked back near the seat post. I have little to no extra standover space but it works.

I dont know if SKS has a side loading cage. I ended up getting an Elite Cannibal Xc cage. It had great reviews and looked to hold bottles through far worse than where I would take my bike it. I was skeptical when I received it but I haven't had any problems with a bottle coming out. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075YHXZBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I love the MIK deck. I was able to make a perfect (for me) trunk bag with the adapter plate and a TOPEAK trunk bag that I really liked.
I like your side baskets. It looks like you can carry a ton of groceries that way.

I have a basket just on the one side so I can use a pannier on the other side. The basket folds up when not needed. I had to position it further down so I can mount my yepp nextt child seat on the Mik deck. Works great. :)

I kinda feel like I should have gotten a cargo bike though look at this rig!. I might be selling this Quick E because of this reason. Let me know if anyone is in the San Diego area and interested in this quick e with the Mik deck included. I’ll throw in the grocery basket as well. Only has 90 miles on the ODO.

Attachments

• 584397A8-0FEF-4897-BF79-8B07811FD4E0.jpeg
    584397A8-0FEF-4897-BF79-8B07811FD4E0.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 369
Back