Giant Explore vs Liv Amiti

Thanks kindly for the thoughts gents.

RandallS, I did a test ride with an E+4 in the Kensington area and went straight up the dirt hill in Riley park a couple times, to just behind the Jubilee/SAIT. The bike did just fine with my 225# in the saddle. No idea of the slope but steep enough for me to have to lean forward quite a bit to prevent roll-back.

Given my lack of familiarity/experience with this bike frame or even with an ebike, I was amazed. But quite frankly that’s as aggressive as I need so the Pro isn’t necessary for me (likely like a big V-8 is useful for a commuter car these days...).

The local dealer thought the E+2 would arrive within 6 weeks. I’ll post progress and perhaps I could ride up to the NW and meet you once the new wheels arrive. I’ve been a SW path rider for decades and have never ridden north of Varsity.

So you were at Ridley's, good shop! I bought mine out at Crank Brothers in Cochrane as they were the only ones locally that had what I wanted.

I'd be happy to meet you and do some paths or trails. We could meet halfway somewhere. This was my ride today.
Screenshot_20200911-232438.png

I wonder if Giant's warranty is international. The Explore Pro is not sold in the US but there are a number of Giant Dealers just across the boarder in Canada. If I purchased in Canada can I get service from a US dealer? Is it covered?

I wonder if Giant's warranty is international. The Explore Pro is not sold in the US but there are a number of Giant Dealers just across the boarder in Canada. If I purchased in Canada can I get service from a US dealer? Is it covered?

Have you asked your LBS which Explore models are coming to the US for 2021? The Explore Pro was also not available in Canada for 2020 but is new for 2021 so there could be a chance the US might see it too.

RandallS,
You inspired me, so off I went on a beautiful Saturday...stopped at Ridleys to get status update on specs and ETA of E +1 and +2 (no news, ETA 4 to 6 weeks) then back on the old Giant Cypress for a long human propelled journey. Ran out of steam (and water!) at Annie’s in Fish Creek but miles away from home with headwinds picking-up, naturally... Can’t wait for the ebike.
So here’s my ride.
Not sure what rules are about exchanging contact information on this board but would be happy to meet and ride some time.

990FCF92-3D7C-40FA-99A7-32EDC000B7D6.png

I have the 2020 Explore E+ 2 STA with the Sport motor and display. Today I rode a 100 km loop, 80/20 road/gravel, elevation gain of 1081m, and still had 34% battery left! The ride was supposed to enable the 3-month battery depletion schedule, but I messed things up by riding in ECO, and when climbing, ECO+. I also pedal at low rpms; I call it my “touring” cadence, around 65 rpms. I live in Kamloops, in BC’s interior, and every ride has a hill component. I love this bike, and with its gravel tires, I’m exploring areas my acoustic carbon can’t go. I’m 74 and feel like I’m just getting started! Tailwinds.

RandallS,
You inspired me, so off I went on a beautiful Saturday...stopped at Ridleys to get status update on specs and ETA of E +1 and +2 (no news, ETA 4 to 6 weeks) then back on the old Giant Cypress for a long human propelled journey. Ran out of steam (and water!) at Annie’s in Fish Creek but miles away from home with headwinds picking-up, naturally... Can’t wait for the ebike.
So here’s my ride.
Not sure what rules are about exchanging contact information on this board but would be happy to meet and ride some time.

View attachment 65240

LouLouLePew have you had any further updates on ETA for your E+ 1 Pro order? I have 2 on order for my wife and I and had the same 4 to 6 week ETA from LBA on August 18th but no news since.

LouLouLePew have you had any further updates on ETA for your E+ 1 Pro order? I have 2 on order for my wife and I and had the same 4 to 6 week ETA from LBA on August 18th but no news since.
When @LouLouLePew and I were out for a ride last week, he didn't mention a firm date and he had been in contact with them just recently.
I did get the opinion that it was going to be within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm not sure how much Louis watches this forum currently, but as a hint, if you put the @ sign in front of a username, it creates an alert for that person.
I don't think there's an alert otherwise, although I could be wrong.

According to my last SMS from Louis, he get's his bike on Sunday. Our local forecast looks pretty good for Tuesday, and we're going to try to get together for a ride. I'll remind him to send some feedback on his new ride to these forums.

Great news. 👍 Coincidentally I just got a call from my LBS this afternoon that one of the two I ordered is ready for pickup😀 Unfortunately I can only get there next week. 🙁 The other one is expected in another week or two.

Finally picked up my Explore e+ 1 Pro on Tuesday. 😀 Couldn’t ride it due to crappy weather of rain and snow so was giving it a once over and setting things to my liking. Will probably tinker with it for a while before I’m happy. Today finally got a chance to take it out and went for a short ride with my wife on her analog MTB. (Unfortunately her e+ 1 Pro hasn’t arrived yet. Due in December) I was very impressed and I think this is going to be a fun machine. Assist is phenomenal but problem now is I hit the 32 km/h assist limit too damn quickly without even getting into the highest gear. The bike is so stable that I didn’t even realise the speed. To be kind to my wife I rode without assist and found it fairly easy to pedal for a heavier bike. Bike shop weighed it for me when I picked it up.

Total weight with battery is 25.5kg (56lbs). Battery came in at 4.2kg (9.2lbs) so bike is 21.3kg (46.8lbs).

AD9CF66C-37A6-42A6-B41C-D2CF032E48B8.jpeg

Came with some shipping damage. Rear carrier deck bent on end and paint coming off. LBS has already ordered a replacement.
41516A10-D4E0-4CE7-9BE5-8F30F4A87380.jpeg

Congratulations, @Gbart!
You might want to reduce the assistance levels with Ride Control 2 to make hitting the speed limit less frequent but to further increase the range. I'm so glad your e-bike has the 625 Wh battery. What is the format of your battery? The side loaded one?

Congratulations, @Gbart!
You might want to reduce the assistance levels with Ride Control 2 to make hitting the speed limit less frequent but to further increase the range. I'm so glad your e-bike has the 625 Wh battery. What is the format of your battery? The side loaded one?
@Stefan Mikes I was only on the 2nd level assist on flat road and putting some effort in. Mmmm, I wonder if the VOLspeed will work on the MY2021 Explore Pro? 😊 🚴 💨 I spoke to my LBS about the speed restriction and he said that it is software dependant on country of delivery. I’m guessing it must be part of the controller. He told me about the VOLspeed devices and the relocation of sensor magnet on older bikes.

Battery loads from front. The 2020 model had a USB port for charging a cell but this one does not.

Stunning looking Explore! That new frame makes my 2020 Explore E+ 4 (Base frame) look like an SUV against a Ferrari. Very nice.

Back