Giant EXPLORE E+ 1 2020

All mine has is a Lock Screw with plastic dust shield and a Threaded crank with square hole.

I'm a Toolmaker (machinist), so I'll just machine up a crank puller at work, not paying nearly 30$ for a once off use.

Attachments

• Lock Screw.jpg
    Lock Screw.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Crank.jpg
    Crank.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 209
Sorry for creating confusion. Self-extracting cranks have been on my Trance E+ in 2021. I thought Giant was more consistent.

All mine has is a Lock Screw with plastic dust shield and a Threaded crank with square hole.

I'm a Toolmaker (machinist), so I'll just machine up a crank puller at work, not paying nearly 30$ for a once off use.
I sent you a private message on this forum . If you live close to me you could borrow mine .

made a crank puller at work,
disassembly was easy, pluged in and all tested ok.
re routing the wires is certainly a task that needs a lot of meditation (or medication.....🍻)
i turned the bike upside down and used a small wooden icecream stick to help push/massage the wires back up in the tube.
in the end not as long or as bad as i dreading, about 1.5hrs all up including a couple quick test rides up the street.

Attachments

• crank puller.jpg
    crank puller.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 205
made a crank puller at work,
disassembly was easy, pluged in and all tested ok.
re routing the wires is certainly a task that needs a lot of meditation (or medication.....🍻)
i turned the bike upside down and used a small wooden icecream stick to help push/massage the wires back up in the tube.
in the end not as long or as bad as i dreading, about 1.5hrs all up including a couple quick test rides up the street.
Nice work glad you were successful, did you manage to get the Volspeed up in the tube ? Also is your bike a medium or large frame ?

some serious skilled work out there 👍
we need to know that not everyone on this forum has the same skills (or interest) to do such work. Therefore, we have to describe the installation as it is - quite demanding , for a rider who just wants to enjoy the ride and it's not interested in technical details.
For you @riverracer this reads like daily job, congratulations.
I am very happy for anyone who succeeds; to share knowledge and to see results, that's what this forum is for.

in a meantime, I had second installation (FATHOM PRO 2021), and dropped the motor for the second time on LIV Vall - for dropper post internal routing....this never ends..... of course we also cycle a bit in between :)

Nice work glad you were successful, did you manage to get the Volspeed up in the tube ? Also is your bike a medium or large frame ?
not up the tube, but pushed up a little higher under the covers than your photo.
my bike is a small frame, so probably less room to start, but managed to get the plugs up the tube.

as for the puller, i'm a toolmaker that uses lathes/mills etc to make plastic injection moulds, so it was a quick 15min job in the lathe.

not up the tube, but pushed up a little higher under the covers than your photo.
my bike is a small frame, so probably less room to start, but managed to get the plugs up the tube.

as for the puller, i'm a toolmaker that uses lathes/mills etc to make plastic injection moulds, so it was a quick 15min job in the lathe.
Ye mine ended up a little higher than that photo as well but that is the only photo I had , wanted to make sure people knew it was not the end of the work to leave it under the cover :)

I finally received the Volspeed V3 and installed it this weekend. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it to work. It always cuts out at the 32 km/hr limit. Anyone experiencing any issues with the Explore E+ 4 GTS 2020? The video link supplied in the manual, references the old app which isn't available anymore. I managed to get to the areas in the app for activation similar to the old app, but it simply doesn't go past 32Km/hr.

I finally received the Volspeed V3 and installed it this weekend. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it to work. It always cuts out at the 32 km/hr limit. Anyone experiencing any issues with the Explore E+ 4 GTS 2020? The video link supplied in the manual, references the old app which isn't available anymore. I managed to get to the areas in the app for activation similar to the old app, but it simply doesn't go past 32Km/hr.
@pjf93 . I don’t have a VOLspeed yet, but from post #4 and #7 and as per the picture below the setting circled in red is what the speed limit of the bike is from factory. In our case for Canada it must be set at 32km/h. This seems to be where many of the problems originate.

3F1C9D37-C290-40D0-9A48-89B34C169C11.jpeg

Hi what

Gbart said is correct, mine did this as I had not set it to what my bikes pre defined limit was, so if your bike comes from the factory limited to 32 you need to set the value to 32 . Basically this tells the chip what value to fake to the motor​

@pjf93 . I don’t have a VOLspeed yet, but from post #4 and #7 and as per the picture below the setting circled in red is what the speed limit of the bike is from factory. In our case for Canada it must be set at 32km/h. This seems to be where many of the problems originate.

View attachment 82362
@Gbart That was it!! Thanks for the input. It's too bad that there isn't a way of keeping the max speed set at all times without activating it by pressing 'down, up, down, up'

Back