Giant e bike app- any experience with it?

I guess I got very lucky with my 2019 Quick E+ updating so well.... I'm looking forward to some of the newer features that roll out - hopefully slowly.

I updated and tested to make sure it worked but I did not do a long bike ride. I went out of town for over a week and hope to do a longer ride tomorrow. I did not change any settings though. With 5 levels of assist, it seems like they did a good job with setting initial levels. I'll report if there is any significant change.

I have no issues with app on Trance E 2019.

Works like charm on iPhone though I'm still having occasional issues with Bluetooth detection on Android.

My first impression is that my 2019 Quick E+ is more responsive and peppier up hills. It seems to use less torque and goes a little faster - especially up the hills. Also, it seems like getting up to speed is easier as well. It's pretty easy to get to 28mph. I was out of town for a week and did not ride so my assessment could be subjective. But, my motor, bluetooth, and Ride Evo were all updated. Perhaps the motor had some tuning.... Also, the RideEvo has a new bar showing something. I think it is the amount of assist. All in all, i like the update.

My first impression is that my 2019 Quick E+ is more responsive and peppier up hills. It seems to use less torque and goes a little faster - especially up the hills. Also, it seems like getting up to speed is easier as well. It's pretty easy to get to 28mph. I was out of town for a week and did not ride so my assessment could be subjective. But, my motor, bluetooth, and Ride Evo were all updated. Perhaps the motor had some tuning.... Also, the RideEvo has a new bar showing something. I think it is the amount of assist. All in all, i like the update.
Good to know. I'll keep checking for an update on the Fathom.

Thankfully I got good news regarding my bike, the new display arrived at my LBS today and everything is good again :) I hope nobody else encounters this problem but even if you do I'm sure Giant will get you up and running again with the minimum of fuss:)

Thankfully I got good news regarding my bike, the new display arrived at my LBS today and everything is good again :) I hope nobody else encounters this problem but even if you do I'm sure Giant will get you up and running again with the minimum of fuss:)
Awesome! Will they update the firmware for you?
Also very curious about something. Does the bike work properly if the display is not connected (if it is removeable that is)?

My android app updated today and the facility to do a bike firmware update is gone. No surprise based on some of the reports of bike bricking I've seen.

My android app updated today and the facility to do a bike firmware update is gone. No surprise based on some of the reports of bike bricking I've seen.
I guess they have had more than a few experiencing the same problem as myself. I think in future I will let my LBS deal with any updates! I got my bike back today but the weather isn't playing ball so no chance to try it out. Tomorrow is looking good though so I will see if anything has changed, I did notice my range in eco mode with a fully charged battery is showing 86 miles now, before it always showed 80/81 so time will tell if it makes a difference! I might manage to put it to the test with a 100 miler tomorrow...

I didn't quite manage my 100 miles but I got close at 95.7 miles! I just ran out of time...I was hoping the updates might help with my battery dropping power like a stone at 20% remaining but sadly it made no difference! I was showing 20% remaining and 16 miles range but it quickly dropped to 8% and showed 0 miles remaining! At least I know what to expect as its consistent so I just need to allow for it...

Got the App and it does connect via Bluetooth to my Entour E+ 1 2019. Thanks for the help. No idea about a heart rate monitor yet. Still have to explore the app.

I know this is an older thread - but just purchased a BT HR monitor (Wahoo TICKR) to use with RideControl on with iPhone (my bike is a 2019 Explore E+ 1) and while the Wahoo app and IOS Health app can see the HR monitor, the RideControl app doesn't seem to be able to find it.

Would really love to know which HR monitor this is supposed to work on ...

My app will connect to my 2018 Quick E but it tends to randomly disconnect and reconnect, then my bike won't turn on, provide any assistance or respond to any inputs until I take the battery out & reinstall it.

The RideControl app updated today, claiming "Android 9 compatibility issues fixed and other bug fixes." And it still bricks my bike until I remove the battery...

My app will connect to my 2018 Quick E but it tends to randomly disconnect and reconnect, then my bike won't turn on, provide any assistance or respond to any inputs until I take the battery out & reinstall it.

I had this issue yesterday but I exited the app and shutdown the controller on the bike - then on restart all was OK

Seems a little flakey still.

My app doesn't pick up my quick-e when it scans on Bluetooth. Don't know why. Bike's on, Bluetooth is on.
Maybe I'll try using a different phone and plugging it in.

My app doesn't pick up my quick-e when it scans on Bluetooth. Don't know why. Bike's on, Bluetooth is on.
Maybe I'll try using a different phone and plugging it in.
What year is the Quick-E? I've heard of issues with 2018 models. Some work, some not. Maybe there's a firmware update available for the bike?

Back