Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Would Like One

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Not For Me

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Comments Below

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
If you have one of these and the controller bricked. Try a Bafang 500c display with an extension cable. It worked on mine and gives you more control. The motor drive seems to be an in molested 15amp bafang unit. Good luck.

I was given a dead gi fly. It had bricked itself. If you have a dead bike it could be the display adapter board. You may be able to save it with a 500c display and an extension. I was able to read the motor controller with luna cycles software and a usb cable. I also shorted two of the 5 controller wires to turn it on and test the bike. It ran. It will run with the last settings you rode with. So I tried three controllers. Only the 500c worked.. The cable it too short to reach the bars. You will need a 12" extension for a Bafang 5 wire display. Hope this helps those with a dead one.

If you invest in this bike, where is your 401k invested? Don't want to be mean but money is money.
There are many people who are stuck with bricked giflys. I am trying to help them. I was given one that was bricked and took it as a challenge to fix it. Now I will give it away to someone who can use it. But first I will measure the belt and post its part number. Then my good deed will be done. And money had nothing to do with it. I did it as a favor to a friend. I have spent more on dinner. As for my investments, they are fine thank you.

If you invest in this bike, where is your 401k invested? Don't want to be mean but money is money.
Just curious why you would ask that question. This is more of a personal finances matter not to be discussed on an E-bike forum, is it?

For the record the belt is most likely an 1120-10.
That is a 140 tooth, 8mm pitch belt 10mm wide. Looks like a 12mm wide will fit. That is 20% stronger. Make sure it is something like Gates Poly Belt GT. CARBON FIBER. Anything weaker will stretch and skip. Then break.

Well the GI Flybike is just another illustration of good marketing and p.r. ... and nothing else. I received my bike very late but it finally came. Oh... it didn't work. They replaced it with a new one (muuuuuuuch later). The second one worked, but I didn't find it convenient for me: too heavy, doesn't fit in the trunk, can't go into Swiss public transport with it, folding isn't at all easy. But my son liked it so there it went. He used it for a while, until the belt drive broke. No way to find the specs in the manual. Impossible to calculate the size (number of teeth). And the worst: all emails to GI Flybike or their parent company Bignay Inc. remain unanswered!!!! These guys are smart. Crowdfunding and nice photos made betweem 6 and 10 million USD. And they vanished. Look at their wikipedia entry. A scam... that's it. The gang: Lucas Toledo, Agustín Agustinoy, Eric Sevillia, Gabriel Lapena, Guillermo Alonso, Gabe Nudel. If you happen to come across any of them ... well, let me know.
I have found the belt. It seems to be a 1120-10 8mm pitch carbon belt. Gates and Continental make them as standards. Do use the carbon fiber extra strength version. Caio.

There are many people who are stuck with bricked giflys. I am trying to help them. I was given one that was bricked and took it as a challenge to fix it. Now I will give it away to someone who can use it. But first I will measure the belt and post its part number. Then my good deed will be done. And money had nothing to do with it. I did it as a favor to a friend. I have spent more on dinner. As for my investments, they are fine thank you.
I have 2 GiFly bikes. I just discovered that their app is no longer in the App Store. Does anyone have a way to control the bike, without the app? Once I updated my phone, there was no way to recover the app.

I have 2 GiFly bikes. I just discovered that their app is no longer in the App Store. Does anyone have a way to control the bike, without the app? Once I updated my phone, there was no way to recover the app.

What type of phone do you have, if you have an Android you can search APK repos and possibly find an older version of the app you can download.

What type of phone do you have, if you have an Android you can search APK repos and possibly find an older version of the app you can download.
I mostly use iOS but I do have an android phone. the app is not in the Google Play store. Can you suggest a site where I can find the APK?

Hello, can someone help me? I bought a Gi Fly in April 2020 - just a few months before all stopped. We changed user, but I just tried to sign in the Gi Fly app in spring 2021. I always get the information that I'm not connected to internet. I can't even sign in. How can I sign in? Is there another app I could use to handle the Gi Fly? I have 2 sticks to drive with, but I don't have the possibility to put on the light, to change speed etc. What can I do?

I was given a dead gi fly. It had bricked itself. If you have a dead bike it could be the display adapter board. You may be able to save it with a 500c display and an extension. I was able to read the motor controller with luna cycles software and a usb cable. I also shorted two of the 5 controller wires to turn it on and test the bike. It ran. It will run with the last settings you rode with. So I tried three controllers. Only the 500c worked.. The cable it too short to reach the bars. You will need a 12" extension for a Bafang 5 wire display. Hope this helps those with a dead one.
New member here and I just wanted to thank you for helping me revive a Gi flybike that needed repair. Issue was the usb key got really hot to the touch when plugged in and could not access the features/controls due to defunct app. I used your instructions with the 500c display and the 5 pin extension cable and it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 66
Hi there, do you have a video or instructions how to do it? please help!!! I have 2 GiFly bikes !!

I have 2 GiFly bikes too, I have old apk's software but I can't used it, because needs to register , How to control this bike without an app!!! Someone here have a solution???

Back