Gazelle Ultimate T10+ vs Trek Allant +8S

I understand what you are saying. It just doesn’t apply in this case. You set my Medeo T10+ next to a flimsy Trek bike good lord…It’s way more built to last under harsh city conditions or out in extreme Texas heat for hours at a time. Gazelle Bikes are built like a tank and they are comfortable to ride in.

I’m sorry but selling a commuter a racing ebike that you then watch them proceed to load up with stuff is just wrong. They sold the guy a carbon fiber bike that you shouldn’t even be locking up because you can damage the frame. Trek was just doing bad business in this case. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Trek wanted to sell as much as possible and the bike had all kinds of problems and finally the customer returned it and found something that fit their needs more.
I agree that this is clearly the wrong bike for the obvious use to which it is being put. However your assumption that he was "sold" the bike implies that he came in the store with no idea as to what bike to buy and was convinced to buy the wrong bike by a salesman that either did not ask any questions about the intended use or did not listen to the answers. I read nothing that supports that assumption.

It is every bit as likely the OP came in the store, having done his own research on the web, telling the sales person what he wanted and it was then sold to him. Either that or he came in the store, avoided the sales staff, looked around and decided he what he wanted and told the sales person who rang up the purchase. Also it is not unusual for ones riding style to change over time after buying a bike.

Putting the blame on the sales person for this guy ending up with a bike that is clearly wrong for his use does not seem justified here. Far more likely they just took the order given by the customer.

Either way, he is the one who said, "I want that one, got out his wallet and paid for it." The OP is ragging on a well designed and well built bike because he tried using it for something it was never intended for. How about some personal responsibility?

Last edited:
I would guess that all manufacturers produce an occasional bad bike. I also find that there just aren't that many people who really know the e-bike end of e-bikes. Finding them is more or less a random thing. I've been happy with my Trek Cross Rip + (3000 miles 18 months). So far, the biggest issue I've had is occasional disk squeal from the brakes.
I'm sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with your Domane.

The Gazelles look like great bikes. My take is that it's reasonable to bet on either company. For me, it would come down to the attitude and apparent skill level of the shop selling you the bike and the way the particular bike frame happens to fit you. My first e-bike was a BMW which I liked, but it wasn't quite the right size. The Trek simply fit me better.

Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of long term reviews of e-bikes out there. I'd love to see more reports on models after 6-12 months of regular riding, but the product cycles just don't allow for it. By the time anyone did the review, the manufacturer would likely have introduced new models.

Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of long term reviews of e-bikes out there. I'd love to see more reports on models after 6-12 months of regular riding, but the product cycles just don't allow for it. By the time anyone did the review, the manufacturer would likely have introduced new models.
My Vado 5.0 (EU S-Pedelec) was manufactured in 2017. I bought it as new (with full warranty) on November 1st, (2021) 2019. It was upgraded with the new electronics under Specialized warranty in May 2020, effectively creating Vado 6.0 sans the suspension fork I have ridden it for almost 10,000 km (and over 6000 miles) since the purchase, and it is still in perfect shape.

Specialized Vados are in the production, and are not very much different from my 2017 Vado.

Any questions?

Last edited:
My Vado 5.0 (EU S-Pedelec) was manufactured in 2017. I bought it as new (with full warranty) on November 1st, 2021. It was upgraded with the new electronics under Specialized warranty in May 2020, effectively creating Vado 6.0 sans the suspension fork I have ridden it for almost 10,000 km (and over 6000 miles) since the purchase, and it is still in perfect shape.

Specialized Vados are in the production, and are not very much different from my 2017 Vado.

Any questions?
How did you purchase this bike in the future? 😆

Back