Gazelle Ultimate T10+ vs Trek Allant +8S

Pauly D

Region
USA
I’m literally purchasing tomorrow, so I’m obviously a little stressed, about to drop 4K after already spending 2k on car rack and accessories. Needless to say, any advice would be welcomed!
My dream bike is the Gazelle Ultimate C380+ however availability is killing me. I’m 6’00/230lbs and have NEVER been this overweight…embarrassing yes, however I am excited to shred those pounds. I have Trek Allant+8S and Gazelle Ultimate T10+ both in size L reserved and need help/motivation to make the right choice.
As I will be just getting back into cycling, are there any other issues that I need to be cognizant of or will I really be able to just hop on and go?
I suppose riding style is going to be roads and occasional off road/gravel. I will start out very light say 5/10 miles and gradually increase as I become a stronger more confident rider. Will mostly be riding in Eastern Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware area. This area consists of lots of farm land, some hills and some flats.
Was really excited about the possibility of a belt drive, but like I said C380 Gazelle isn’t going to be available until like 2023 it seems.
Both bikes have Bosch speed motor allowing me to go 28mph and both have removable/integrated batteries which I feel are important. I have already purchased Kinekt seat post for the Trek but can easily exchange for Gazelle if/when I finally decide.
As well, thanks are in order to all you posters/commenters as this board is a WEALTH of information and I’ve learned so much about eBikes in a very short time frame. Thanks again for that!
Again, any comments or help choosing would be greatly appreciated. As well, dare I say possible suggestions for a bike that I may have missed that would suit me….

It’s really easy…go Trek. Do you really want to wait until 2023 to ride and get the exercise you say you need? I bought my Allant+7 last May and now have put over 1700 totally reliable miles on it.

It’s really easy…go Trek. Do you really want to wait until 2023 to ride and get the exercise you say you need? I bought my Allant+7 last May and now have put over 1700 totally reliable miles on it.
I can get the Gazelle T10 TOMORROW! You really think Trek is better???
And by the way thank you so much Dallant, your posts really turned me onto the Trek bike!

I’m literally purchasing tomorrow, so I’m obviously a little stressed, about to drop 4K after already spending 2k on car rack and accessories. Needless to say, any advice would be welcomed!
My dream bike is the Gazelle Ultimate C380+ however availability is killing me. I’m 6’00/230lbs and have NEVER been this overweight…embarrassing yes, however I am excited to shred those pounds. I have Trek Allant+8S and Gazelle Ultimate T10+ both in size L reserved and need help/motivation to make the right choice.
As I will be just getting back into cycling, are there any other issues that I need to be cognizant of or will I really be able to just hop on and go?
I suppose riding style is going to be roads and occasional off road/gravel. I will start out very light say 5/10 miles and gradually increase as I become a stronger more confident rider. Will mostly be riding in Eastern Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware area. This area consists of lots of farm land, some hills and some flats.
Was really excited about the possibility of a belt drive, but like I said C380 Gazelle isn’t going to be available until like 2023 it seems.
Both bikes have Bosch speed motor allowing me to go 28mph and both have removable/integrated batteries which I feel are important. I have already purchased Kinekt seat post for the Trek but can easily exchange for Gazelle if/when I finally decide.
As well, thanks are in order to all you posters/commenters as this board is a WEALTH of information and I’ve learned so much about eBikes in a very short time frame. Thanks again for that!
Again, any comments or help choosing would be greatly appreciated. As well, dare I say possible suggestions for a bike that I may have missed that would suit me….
Can you ride them ? When I bought The Dealer had 3 different bikes for me to try . Amazing indoor place that was 80 yards long Not sure how wide but at least 1/2 the length . I rode each bike 3 times and chose what fit me best . At the price point it's hard to go wrong on either . Maybe you should pray for some guidence

Can you ride them ? When I bought The Dealer had 3 different bikes for me to try . Amazing indoor place that was 80 yards long Not sure how wide but at least 1/2 the length . I rode each bike 3 times and chose what fit me best . At the price point it's hard to go wrong on either . Maybe you should pray for some guidence
Yes, the lord picks it for you so don’t even concern yourself.

And by the way thank you so much Dallant, your posts really turned me onto the Trek bike!
Don’t know a thing about the Gazelle. I misunderstood about the delivery date.

Don’t know a thing about the Gazelle. I misunderstood about the delivery date.
Yes I have BOTH reserved for tomorrow at different locations. Sorry if I confused you but I wanted C380 but cannot get that one so I changed to T10 which I can get tomorrow.

Yes I have BOTH reserved for tomorrow at different locations. Sorry if I confused you but I wanted C380 but cannot get that one so I changed to T10 which I can get tomorrow.
Best of luck in your choice.

Sorry didn't read your post . Last fall I had the option of a Vado 5 or an alliant 7S. As a background both my regular bikes are Treks . My Wife's bike is a Trek . The Alliant 8 is a nice bike but it's way less Upright . Which will work your gut better then an upright ride . With my own purchase I went in the LBS with Trek on my mind. I am sold on Treks . But when I compared the Vado with the Alliant . It was hands down the Vado. I have only ridden an the Gazelle you are thinking on one time . It wasn't very far either . About 500 yards because it wasn't my bike . It was a complete Strangers bike . So the ride was brief.
It's a really nice bike . IMO you get more bang for th $$ then you do the Trek.
You basically answer your own question . The 380 is upright Riding . I did not care for the geometry of the Trek Alliant 8 and 9 . I find it a smallish bike suited better for shorter legged people . It reminded me of Treks FX series . I own an FX and hated it . It just didn't fit my 6'1" Frame . Even though it was X-Large . I think when you go compare these bikes you'll be coming home with the Gazelle . I just watched Video on both Gazelle's and one on the Alliants . As I said I went in to get the trek , but went Specialized . You saying The C380 is your dream bike IMO answers your debate . You're going to find the Alliant 8 lower riding and maybe even a little crampy . We can't make the choice for you . However you have sorta made it yourself. GO GAZELLE

I guess the other point for you to consider is what the support situation is. Will you do most yourself or need an LBS? If you want more support, which bike has the best support close to you?

I bought 2021 trek Domane + HP and spend $8,500.00 with accessories and here’s the headache I got. I would not buy any Trek ebike
Clicking Sound under Bosch motor when peddling | 3rd Spoke Broke in 17 days

Clicking Sound under Motor / Crank : 2021 Trek HP

7 Problems in 14 Days Ownership: 2021 Trek Domane HP Electrical Bike You Should Avoid At All Costs

2nd Time Walking 30 Miles - Thanks 2021 Trek HP not fixing wheel problem correctly for 3rd time.

Wow that’s TERRIBLE! I really feel for you man! Your poor kids, how did you resolve things did your wife go pick up car and come get you?

I ended up going for Gazelle Ultimate C380+ it’s being assembled this week and I’m anxiously awaiting shipment.
Better luck to you brother!

TBQH I’d go with Gazelle over Trek easily for the type of bike youre getting. I definitely looked at a Trek myself.

I like the way some of the Trek e bikes look but the e-bike product is not great or great for commuting. Gazelle has been making e bikes since the early 1900s.

Last edited:
I bought 2021 trek Domane + HP and spend $8,500.00 with accessories and here’s the headache I got. I would not buy any Trek ebike
Clicking Sound under Bosch motor when peddling | 3rd Spoke Broke in 17 days
Just about every bike experiences some issues in the first 500-1000 miles, working through them results in a reliable bike. My Trek Allant, same drive train with flat bars, more of a commuter bike, had a number of irritating problems in the first month or so. I kept bringing it in to the shop, they were great about addressing each issues as they arose. A month later, I had a bike that has been trouble free for almost two years now.

Part of your problem is that you bought a lightweight, carbon fiber eroad bike, loaded it down with fenders, panniers and a TRAILER. That's like buying a Mazda Miata or a Porsche Boxter to haul a trailer and go camping.

You are bad mouthing a respected company and a bike that many have found to be a real winner, because you did not make a well considered choice of bikes based on how you intended to use it.

Just about every bike experiences some issues in the first 500-1000 miles, working through them results in a reliable bike. My Trek Allant, same drive train with flat bars, more of a commuter bike, had a number of irritating problems in the first month or so. I kept bringing it in to the shop, they were great about addressing each issues as they arose. A month later, I had a bike that has been trouble free for almost two years now.

Part of your problem is that you bought a lightweight, carbon fiber eroad bike, loaded it down with fenders, panniers and a TRAILER. That's like buying a Mazda Miata or a Porsche Boxter to haul a trailer and go camping.

You are bad mouthing a respected company and a bike that many have found to be a real winner, because you did not make a well considered choice of bikes based on how you intended to use it.
The fact that Trek didnt try to steer the person to the Allant was their first mistake...and thats why they lost the sale. Trek tried to sell the highest priced stuff and lost a nice sale along with the accompanying videos discussing the bad experience. Yikes! If someone had told him Allant was a better match for his needs and he went and failed trying something else he probably would’ve went for an Allant instead which comes with everything he ultimately added to the Domaine and at a lower price point.

Tbqh Trek is trying to support like three or 4 different motor systems for their bikes. That made me think Trek is unfocused. Its what put me off of them. I feel like the lack of focus would result in quality issues. Here we have a visual aid.

I have a Turbo Creo and a Medeo T10+ and neither had any problems out of the gate where I had to come to the shop so many times right from the jump. Gazelle has been making bikes and commuter bikes longer than almost anyone. Gazelle is a Dutch company where the people who typically use their products are commuters in a country who primarily commutes by bikes for the last 100+ years. Trek is a great company for certain kinds of bikes. I just don’t think commuting is one of the things Trek is good at especially when compared with a company like Gazelle.

Commuter biking is what Gazelle does. Lol! 🤣 The guy even mentions that in the video. He is not dismissing a reputable company out of hand. He traded up honestly and saved some money because Gazelle Bikes come fully loaded in that price range. They are sturdy and durable and he got a belt drive version with a CVT. So low maintenance to top it all off. 😍

I’d go to Trek for a racing bike or mountain bike or a gravel bike. Gazelle for a commuting bike easily.

Last edited:
Gazelle is a Dutch company where the people who typically use their products are commuters in a country who primarily commutes by bikes for the last 100+ years.
At very low speed and for short distances, in cities, on bike paths 100%, and on the flat.

1630389327060.png

Copenhagen, Denmark. Very similar to the Netherlands related to cycling. Hardly anyone wears the helmet. People commute at low speed in large groups. Almost no hills and the riding distances are very short. While in Copenhagen last year, I used a simple share-bike with three gear IGH and could ride for 12 km, clearing a single hill on my trip easily. I didn't need any e-bike there.

1630389770121.png

Of the electrics, only cargo e-bikes are used in Copenhagen. Here: Kindergarten kids on a trip with their carer.

1630390492305.png

Not sure whether a North American would be commuting for 8 miles at average speed of 8 mph...

Gazelles are good e-bikes but all the talk about tradition etc is meaningless, as e-bikes are the matter of several past years, and riding conditions in countries such as United States or Canada are certainly very different from those met in Holland or Denmark.

Last edited:
At very low speed and for short distances, in cities, on bike paths 100%, and on the flat.

View attachment 98424
Copenhagen, Denmark. Very similar to the Netherlands related to cycling. Hardly anyone wears the helmet. People commute at low speed in large groups. Almost no hills and the riding distances are very short. While in Copenhagen last year, I used a simple share-bike with three gear IGH and could ride for 12 km, clearing a single hill on my trip easily. I didn't need any e-bike there.

View attachment 98425
Of the electrics, only cargo e-bikes are used in Copenhagen. Here: Kindergarten kids on a trip with their carer.

View attachment 98426
Not sure whether a North American would be commuting for 8 miles at average speed of 8 mph...

Gazelles are good e-bikes but all the talk about tradition etc is meaningless, as e-bikes are the matter of several past years, and riding conditions in countries such as United States or Canada are certainly very different from those met in Holland or Denmark.

I understand what you are saying. It just doesn’t apply in this case. You set my Medeo T10+ next to a flimsy Trek bike good lord…It’s way more built to last under harsh city conditions or out in extreme Texas heat for hours at a time. Gazelle Bikes are built like a tank and they are comfortable to ride in.

I’m sorry but selling a commuter a racing ebike that you then watch them proceed to load up with stuff is just wrong. They sold the guy a carbon fiber bike that you shouldn’t even be locking up because you can damage the frame. Trek was just doing bad business in this case. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Trek wanted to sell as much as possible and the bike had all kinds of problems and finally the customer returned it and found something that fit their needs more.

I agree to what you are saying. Gazelles are good e-bikes. I only cannot stand the marketing lingo. You know: "The Dutch e-bike of the year..." :)

P.S. Blames are put on the Trek LBS. Did the guy explain the LBS the intended purpose of using the e-bike? Because if someone comes into an LBS and requests for a CF road e-bike, it is expected the person knows what he is doing...

Last edited:
Back