Future Reviews

Jamango

Giant - Road E+ Review?
I realize EBR gets support from Specialized, but could we see a review of Giant's Road E+ soon?
Aging road cyclist and Thinking next bike will be an electric. I enjoy EBRs reviews both written and video. Keep them coming!

It would have been interesting how much he recouped in regen mode on the ride down but I think Yamaha does not have a regen or does it ?
I think you need a direct drive's magnets and stator to generate power back to the battery. None of the mid drives or geared hubs offer regen, that I'm aware of.

I think it's also important to realize the number of bikes coming into the market right now and what they cost. I'm not sure exactly how Court gets his bikes, but I would think he's not buying them all out of pocket (could be wrong and if I am, I want a job that pays that well) and not every company probably offers up their bikes for review.

It would have been interesting how much he recouped in regen mode on the ride down but I think Yamaha does not have a regen or does it ?

Regen does very very little on a bicycle short of riding it down the side of a mountain. Not enough mass or high enough speeds to add up to much. Almost everyone has dropped the feature from their line.
Works with 3500lb cars going 50mph. Not much there on a 200lb bike/rider going 25.

I know that. In this case the bicycle would be riding down the side of a mountain ... thus I was interested.

Regen does very very little on a bicycle short of riding it down the side of a mountain. Not enough mass or high enough speeds to add up to much. Almost everyone has dropped the feature from their line.
Works with 3500lb cars going 50mph. Not much there on a 200lb bike/rider going 25.

Back